On the Outs: Chapter 3

Chapter warnings: Implied NSFW (lime), swearing

***

"Come here," Rurik breathed, and the mattress squeaked a second time. There were sounds of shifting fabric, and Lotus didn't need to think hard to imagine how his boyfriend was undressing his body, planting butterfly kisses along the exposed bones within reach.

As the sound of the fake's breath catching in its throat increased, he tried to block out the noise... but the sounds of its arousal seemed to reverberate in his skull. "Stop it! Stop it, I don't want to hear this!" he shouted, his voice doing little to drown out the noise; he supposed it was a small miracle he wasn't being forced to watch as well, but that also left more to his imagination.

'You speak as if you have a choice.' "Nnnnh...," it moaned; Rurik must have hit one of his sensitive spots.

"Go ahead and let it out," Rurik's muffled voice chuckled, "You know I love hearing all the little sounds you make."

"Ahh!" the fake gasped, stammering around airy breaths, "S-shut up... and get on with it." 'Damn, you are a little ball of negativity, huh? It is a wonder he puts up with you.' The comment stung, but he knew this kind of thing was nothing more than playful banter and Rurik enjoyed his comebacks.

"As you wish," the bed frame moaned alongside the pair, insinuating a switch of positions. Lotus could feel himself becoming heated from a combination of secondhand arousal and embarrassment that he was technically listening to himself being played with; did he really sound like that? No, he couldn't get distracted; he had to figure out a way to stop this.

The opportunity came when Rurik panted, "What's this? I thought you didn't like jewelry?"

"Ah...," the fake took a moment to catch its breath and explained, "Some old lady gave it to me; she was pretty insistent that I keep it, saying it was some good luck charm."

"What's inside it?" '...'s weird-'

Before Lotus could do more than perk up at Rurik's voice echoing around him, the imposter snapped, "I'm going to put my clothes back on and go to sleep if you're not going to do anything other than stare."

"Okay okay," Rurik chuckled, "Now where were we...?" There was a rustle of sheets and the sound of kissing for a moment before he spoke up again, "Did you hear that?"

'What now?' the fake huffed. "Hear what?"

"I heard something downstairs," there was a tenseness to his voice as the bed creaked once more followed by the rustling of clothing, "stay here and I'll go check."

"I'll go with-"

"No, get dressed and stay up here," Rurik commanded to the sound of something scraping against a wood surface, "I'll give you a signal if I find anything."

'God damn it...' it snarled. "... Alright." The door shut moments later and the bodysnatcher grumbled as fabric rustled, "We were almost at the good part, too." 'I bet you are feeling pretty smug, huh?'

Lotus wanted to be smug, but he was more focused on figuring out why he had heard Rurik's voice so clearly within his endless prison; had they done something? Recalling the conversation, he wondered if the necklace had something to do with it.

'You are being awfully quiet.'

Maybe Rurik touched the necklace, and that created some kind of connection; if it happened again, would they be able to hear him too?

'Did you give up already?' He kept quiet, refusing to rise to its provocation. 'Wow, this is the fastest I have ever broken someone.' He was saved from more gloating when it asked, "Is everything alright?"

"I couldn't find anything wrong," Rurik huffed, shutting the door once more, "No intruders and nothing broken or missing."

There was a shuffling of clothing, "What are you doing?"

"I'm still on edge; I won't be able to relax and enjoy the moment anymore." The next words were the best thing Lotus had heard all night, "Let's just go to bed."

He let out a gleeful cackle as the imposter internally cursed up a storm at being cockblocked; still, it didn't let on how much the anticlimatic end to their bedroom activities bothered it, "At least I won't have to wake up feeling sticky tomorrow."

The bed creaked as Rurik purred, "You know, I can help you clean up in the mornings if it bothers you that much."

Lotus growled at the blatant flirting as the fake scoffed, "Save it, we both know your 'help' would only make more of a mess."

"And you'd love every second of it," the husky tone returned, and Lotus was pretty sure he wasn't alone in the silent shiver that went through him.

"Shut up and go to sleep," was hissed back.

"Okay okay... good night."

The mattress creaked as the pair settled in for the night. 'Get comfortable; this will be the rest of your existence,' it taunted one last time before silence descended upon him.

Frustrated that there was no proper rebuttal to be had, he lay on the ground and tried to wind himself down for sleep. One minute passed by, then five, then fifteen; after what felt like an hour, he shifted from his back onto his side in hopes of dispelling the chill that had stolen over him. He scrunched his eye sockets shut, trying not to think of how much he wanted to be wrapped in his bedsheets, pressed up against his boyfriend; how he wouldn't be able to escape this place on his own.

Rubbing his sleeve against his sockets, he curled up in a ball and forced himself to believe his captor would slip up and Rurik would find a way to bring him back... he had to believe it because it was the only hope he had left.

***

Word Count: 967