𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟾

Outskirts of Shimla

Arjun's Pov

I hated driving at night on the mountainous roads. Specially in a route where there aren't any fucking streetlights and not a single life visible from anywhere. And more specifically with the villainess who I have just next beside me.

Thank the goodness that she was sitting with her mouth shut. I mentally rejoiced wondering that my threat to leave her alone in the wilderness really worked on her. But she with a sealed mouth is something really unbelievable.

Maybe she is....hungry?

Should I ask her or something? A tiny wave of that thought crossed my mind. Well I really don't care about it but I certainly don't want an unconscious individual in my car, that too in this excellent road.

But where am I supposed to arrange for food at this place?

I felt my stomach grumbling suddenly. God, why did I remind myself of hunger? I guess I was alive right now because of a sumptuous breakfast I had eaten before leaving, but I think I burnt the calories of an entire week just in a few hours.

Before I could speak anything, I heard a slight sound of munching from beside me. Raising an eyebrow, I glanced beside with a corner of my eye. Reet was staring outside and munching on a packet of biscuits!

And here I was worrying whether she was hungry or not!

My jaw clenched. Bruh, look how selfish!

But right now, I wasn't even in the mood of reacting because I was kind of famished. Maybe I should ask her for a cracker, or else I am surely going to faint.

No Arjun, what the hell are you even thinking?

Ask for it Arjun, or else no one is going to look after you when you lose your senses.

Ask something from Reet? Have you gone complete bonkers?

Duh, Arjun please gulp your ego and fill your stomach first!

I was mentally ticking off the options, a slight frustration causing me to pull the gear a bit harder, catching Reet's attention.

"You want some?" she mumbled while munching, blinking innocently and stretching out the packet. Wait, did she just catch me getting frustrated? 

"Don't worry, I haven't mixed poison in it." She smirked, probably she understood what I was thinking about. Damn this woman, I hate how she can understand everything that goes on in my mind!

"I ain't hungry. Thanks for your concern," I spoke a bit harshly and rolled my eyes though regretting after it. Bruh, she was offering it, I guess I should have accepted without any fuss.

"Okay." she casually shrugged, and resumed eating. She is literally teasing me, I can feel from every movement of hers. Look, just look at her audacity! Here I am trying to save her and she?

Ho-How can she do this to me?

Idiot to the power of infinity.

"Well, I am still offering it to you. Have it." she calmly spoke, handing out the packet again. I was about to open my mouth to say something when she shoved a cracker right into my mouth pursing her lips, taking me by surprise.

I widened my eyes looking at her while trying to chew upon it and control the car at the same time. I could see her trying to stifle a laughter while looking at the front, as I bit upon the biscuit.

Why the hell does she always---mmm, why the hell does this biscuit taste so good man.....

I don't remember praising a cracker before. I forgot what I was thinking and chewed the biscuit, a sense of relief swirling in my head as I gulped it down. But before I could comprehend further, another biscuit was being held in front of my mouth. She was smirking at me clearly. 

I crossed my eyebrows slightly and narrowing my eyes at the biscuit, capturing it in my mouth without any further ado. 

Never in my life did I imagine I would be at her mercy someday.

.

.

.

.

For another half an hour, I continued driving. Yet no scene of life or anything, just dark roads and trees on both sides. I don't have a freaking idea where we were heading to, besides my phone switched off as well. And over that I even forgot to bring the charger with which I could've charged it with my car's battery.

I just don't want to Baba or Mia to call me and find out that my phone is switched off. Last time when my phone got switched off accidently, I saw Mia's  ten voice notes and missed calls and had a nice lecture from them.

But I don't know but since all the unlucky stuffs with me are happening today only, who knows that they might already given me twenty missed calls. I keep my hope they don't dial the number one hundred on their phones. 

Please. 

Oh God, I shouldn't have stepped out of my PG only today!

I rolled my eyes above, now really freaking out. Reet was dozing off beside me, without any worry.

Wow, awesome...

So damn awesome.

She would be the one pushing me in trouble and now eat and sleep peacefully while I am the one who would be left dealing with all her shits.

Why is it always me? Why?

I really felt like crying now, loudly. I don't care what happens, but please God make me reach somewhere please. I promise to do everything you ask for but please right now help me.

Please God, please any humble hut, or village or at least a shop or something. Anything will do right now, I promise I will break a coconut at the temple for a week!

I don't know how long I was chanting the 'Hanuman Chalisa' continuously under one breath, when a slight glimpse of light from afar made my eyes widen.

*************

A/N 

Awwieee so cute Arjun is  🤣🤣🤣🤣.

So guys I had actually prepared a lot of drafts of Star Crossed, so there is gonna be a shower of updates 🙈

Signing off for today!

Nushkie