𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟷

Pune

Arjun's POV

"Listen, I will call you later." I instantly hung the phone and shoved it back into my pocket and gaped at the woman in front of me. 

Reet?

Reet Krishnaa Raichand?!

Really? Or am I hallucinating after working for a fucking five hours non-stop. Probably the latter, this can't be true. No way, this is an abomination if I not hallucinating. No freaking way it can be true-

But hallucinations don't look confused and weird; this much I know. The book was practically falling off from her lap, as she subtly pointed the pencil within her thumb and forefinger at me; equally flabbergasted. She mouthed a silent 'You' while squinting her eyes at me.

Same question, Reet, same question.

"You both, know each other?" A throaty and deep voice was enough to haul both of us out of trance. Reet glanced both at me and uncle, and away; not knowing how to react. 

"Um...erh-" I didn't know too how to react; a part of me still yelling that this can't be true. 

I mean, how?

How on earth can it be?

This is fucking madness.

"She...I mean-" 

"Oh! I actually forgot to tell you-" Uncle nodded with a small smile, "Actually, Miss Reet is studying in the college where I used to teach. The poor girl had joined the semester late so one of her professors had requested me to cover her course so she can catch up with the rest."

"You see colleges generally don't allow getting one to one help from the recruited staffs so yeah..." He walked over and picked up the coffee mug from the table. 

Oh.

Oh.

Oh!

I saw Reet nervously smiling at me and uncle and now I too smiled back nervously; how on earth am I supposed to react?

"By the way, you didn't answer what I asked. You both know each other?" 

"Yes of course." I breathed in, raising my brows while I saw her smiling sheepishly, "How can I forget this face.....I mean- she used to study with me in school." I grinned at him, while he mouthed an 'O' amusingly.

"Well, great coincidence, then boy!" He tapped my shoulder, with a titter. Reet smoothened her dress and got up, packing her bag with a polite and formal smile. This girl-how, how on earth does she manage to get to where I am?

"Sir, I think I should leave," She traced the handle of her bag by flipping it over her shoulders and peering at me. Probably assessing why didn't I have a heart attack yet. I subtly pinched the skin of my wrist with my finger-

Ouch.

Okay, I was not hallucinating. 

This is true. 

But this is so freaking-

How the heck can this be possible!

"Yes, it's getting late Miss Reet," Uncle glanced at the clock which read eight thirty, "Wait dear, Arjun? Why don't you drop your friend home?" 

What?

Just what? I blinked for a while glancing at him, "I-"

"No no!" Reet instantly protested, "It's alright, Sir. I will go by myself!"

"No dear, why? Arjun will drop you home safely, beta." Uncle gazed at me and her with a smile. Safely, yeah. Last time I remember how safe I was when I was with her. If safe means getting screwed, then well duh. Reet gave me a pursed smile, clutching her bag.

"Arjun go and drop Miss Reet," Uncle walked over picking his phone as it began to buzz, "And please get some groceries while returning home....I will message you the list; last time you had evicted a few items."

Okay, that was absolutely not necessary to mention in front of her-

Reet pursed her lips for a while, probably trying to hide a snicker. 

Well....

I smiled a bit saccharine at her, extending her the way outside the home a like a 'good old friend' and 'host'. 

Unlocking the car door, I sat inside looking straight with a poker face. Putting over the seatbelt, I removed my shoes resting it on the brake, and the other hand on the gear.

If my fortune was a human, it would've been long dead laughing down a cliff. 

Reet quietly unlocked the front door beside me and sat down, without a word. She did not even look at me in the eyes; cool, even I didn't want to for now. I sensed her attaching the buckle of the seat belt, and without wasting any time, I switched on the car.

She clutched her bag tight, tilting her head on the other side, her reflection falling on the car window glass.

Awkward.

I pressed the accelerator gently, pulling the gear; when I heard soft-almost inaudible titters from the other side. And it was getting difficult for me to control as well.

Like I said, my fortune if it were a human it would've been dead by choking while laughing. 

I pursed my lips to abstract myself from laughing, it was all funny all of a sudden; I so hard wanted to laugh at my fate, "You aren't going to stop following me, aren't you idiot?" 

**********

A/N

🤣🤣🤣🤣bechara Arjun part 2

Signing off fir today!

Nushkie