𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟹

Pune

Reet's POV

"Sh-should I help?" I grazed my lips, exactly not knowing how to react. I saw him crouching below with a screw-jack, and observing his tire carefully. Getting down from the car, I sauntered over to him.

He gave me a deadpanned look and continued unhooking the tire, "God..."

There was no mechanic shop nearby, it was already nine and shops were closing down one by one. So basically, we were stuck in an alley with a punctured car. 

"Let me see," I huffed, crouching below in slight impatience. I had once fixed my friend's punctured car and I think I can handle this. 

"Eh..? You know how to fix a punctured tire?" Arjun blinked at me, as I grabbed the screw-jack.

"Yup, just like you know how to braid a hair." I took the torch from him and began to unpin the screws from the tire. I heard him mutter something which I ignored, fixing the screw jack underneath. He went over and brought out a spare tire from his dickey, which I carefully replaced with the flat tire and tightened the screws with the equipment. 

Phew! 

I glanced at my hands, they had soiled as I wiped my forehead with my wrist in victory. 

Arjun dramatically clapped inaudibly with an animatedly amused expression on his face, "Not bad. Not bad at all." 

"I feel honored." I sarcastically bowed in front of me, washing away my hands with some water. 

"You know what, it's for the first time I am seeing a girl changing a flat tire." He sauntered and sat on the front edge of the car, crossing his arms.

"Arjun Roy Choudhury praising me," I curled out my lips, drawing in a breath. It seems like when we are together we eat, drink and breath sarcasms. We were about to enter the car, when my eyes fell upon a kiosk of ice cream that was going past us.

"Oh my God, ice-cream!" I almost squealed and shut the door.

"Eh, seeing ice-cream for the first time?" Arjun raised a brow. 

"Shut up. I am going to have one now-" I immediately began to take out my purse.

"No no, we don't have much time for that--"

"Exactly, you can do your grocery shopping later, grumpy old man! I deserve a treat after helping you!" I showed my tongue to him and began to take out a few ten rupee notes. I saw him opening his mouth and shutting it, but I plainly ignored him and brought to ice-creams from the man; one chocolate and one mango, the cup ones, my favorite.

Grinning like a child, I came back to him and sat on the edge. Arjun began to eye me weirdly, but looked away when I glanced at him, "You want?"

"N-no..." He rested his palms on both sides of the car edge and looked away. 

"Sure right?"

He didn't answer.

"It's good, moreover I didn't plan to even give you either." I opened the mango one and dug the wooden spoon in it, relishing the sweet flavoring, "Damn....so tasty. It's been so many days I haven't had an ice cream." The chocolate one was lying beside me and Arjun was constantly side eyeing it. I tried to abstract my smirk, enjoying my ice-cream. 

Damn his ego. He can't even ask the ice-cream from me? Why does he have so much problem? 

Idiot. 

I peered at him subtly, he wasn't now even looking at it, making me fume internally. 

Fine enough, he can go to hell if he doesn't want to have it!

He was now sitting on the right side of the edge, completely facing his back at me; purposely. This guy-

"The chocolate one I bet is going to be tastier than the mango one," I mumbled, trying to catch his attention, but he simply ignored me. Ignoring me, how dare he! 

"If you are done having your ice cream then we can leave-" He sounded pretentiously solemn, facing the other side. Okay, this is kind of cute-

Eh? No-

No, no no.

"Fine, fine!" I sighed deliberately, stuffing the chocolate ice-cream on his hand and turned away before he could see. And his lips bloomed into a smile-and then into a grin as he swiftly opened the ice-cream cover and dug his spoon into it, "If you are insisting so much, then how can I deny?" 

"Idiot..." I bit on the wooden ice-cream spoon hard and rolled my eyes. 

"You could've asked straightaway." I felt like ripping off the wooden-spoon with my teeth for some reason seeing the victorious smirk on his face.

"Where's the fun in that?" He took out a huge chunk of ice-cream and straightaway licked it off.

Urrgh! 

***********

A/N

Shoooo koot na? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Signing off for today!
Nushkie