Chapter 1

"Tenn-nii! Hello!" Riku chirped as soon as he spotted Tenn walking a few meters ahead of him, a huge grin plastered on his face, while he was running toward Tenn.

"Riku. Don't call me like that in public. And no running" Tenn reprimanded him, which didn't stop a soft smile from appearing on his face. Thankfully, they were alone in an empty corridor, so no one heard anything.

"I'm sorry... Kujou-san. I couldn't help it today." Riku apologized, but his lips were still pulled into that big smile that Tenn couldn't help but find endearing.

"I'm just so glad I get to work with you today! It's been so long since it's only been just the two of us," he added, a small glint shining in his eyes and a happy look on his face.

Tenn eyed him fondly, contemplating the idea of telling Riku that he as well missed spending time with him, but decided against it when he spotted people approaching.
"Well then. We should go now. It's almost time."

"Right!" Riku followed after him as they walked deeper into the building in silence.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Tenn- Kujou-san, Good work today! You are already leaving?" Riku stopped him as he was about to exit the studio, causing Tenn to pause in his tracks and turn around.

"Good work today. And yes. I have an interview after this. I don't have the time to stay to talk today." he wanted to add sorry, but forced himself not to.

"Oh... Alright. I understand. Before you go, I wanted to ask you something..." Riku fidgeted with his t-shirt, looking next to Tenn, not daring to meet his gaze.

"Asenagi-san told me that you have a day off tomorrow. I also happen to have one, so, I thought, maybe... If you are free, we could spend some time together? I have a place I know you would love to go!" he asked timidly yet expectantly, now looking straight into Tenn's eyes.

"... I'm sorry. I can't. I already have something planned for tomorrow." Tenn could feel his heart drop when he noticed the dejected look on Riku's face appearing for a fraction of seconds, before quickly being replaced by an awkward smile.

"Alright. I'm sorry to have bothered you with this. I have to go now, so... Have a nice day, Kujou-san." Riku walked past him in a flash, his head down as he exited the studio.

Tenn watched him do so, his heart heavy with guilt to cause his twin brother so much sadness. But, he believed was necessary, for Riku to grow and stop depending on him. He still depends too much on him. They aren't kids anymore. Things will never be the way they were before again.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Riku was woken up by a loud and irritating beep, groaning as he blindly reached over to shut it off.

He was about to get ouf of bed when he remembered that today was a day off, and after having gathered more reasons to stay comfortably in his bed than to wake up and face the too bright morning sun, he swiftly adjusted his position into a more comfortable one, trying to fall back asleep.

But to no avail, sleep failing to embrace him no matter how long he waited. Frustrated, he slowly made his way out of the bed, grabbing his phone to look at the time. His screen lit up to life as he pressed the switch, displaying 10:12 AM on the front page.

Riku entered his password and unlocked his phone, deciding to roam around on it a bit to wake him up before heading out to greet the others in the living room.

While he was innocently scrolling through his fan's posts, a recent post managed to catch his attention.

Heyyy I can't believe it I just saw Tenn Kujou at the amusement park!! He was wearing a disguise so it was a bit hard to recognize him, but I could never mistake him for anyone else as long as I live 💕
I was about to go greet him and maybe get an autograph but I noticed he was with his little sister, Aya. They seemed to have a good time together, so I didn't dare disturb them. Here a proof, I took a pic of them!

Riku could feel tears gathering at the corner of his eyes and instantly closed Rabitter, slamming his phone against the mattress, feeling anger and sadness rising from his core. Riku noticed his breathing getting slightly out of control, and forced himself to calm down.

After a couple of deep breaths, he felt like his heart had slowed down and was finally able to breath normally again, he wiped away the remaining tears from his eyes and stared at the darkness of his room, the air around him suddenly feeling suffocating.

Riku slowly got out of bed, deciding that some fresh air would do him some good, not in the mood for eating, or talking with anyone right now. He swiftly dressed up, put his cap and glasses on, before making a beeline for the front door.

He hastily greeted the other members of I7 present in the living room and left as quickly as he arrived, uttering a small goodbye and shutting the door before waiting for a reply.