Chapter 2

"Iori, I swear I'm okay! I can stand on stage today! I feel fine! I can do it! Please let me do it!" Riku pleaded, slightly out of breath. Iori watched him, his gaze bearing pity and sadness.

"Stop this, Nanase-san. You are sick. We can't have you collapsing on stage like you did when you got back tomorrow. And in your current state, your performance wouldn't be half as good as usual. Your fans deserve better than that. So, focus on resting for today." he said as he walked towards the door, pausing when his hand reached the doorknob, his back turned on Riku.
"I'm sorry neither of us can stay with you. Please, get better soon. IDOLiSH7 isn't the same without its center."

"Wait, Iori! I can do it! Tenn-nii did it once, so why couldn't I? Please, I swear I won't push myself! Please, just let me do it... My fans, they are waiting for me, I can't disappoint them!" Riku practically begged, feeling his stomach twist uncomfortably at the idea of letting down people again, all because of his flawed body.

"Nanase-san, you know why you can't. You and Kujou-san aren't the same person. As I said, you might disappoint your fans more by showing up and giving a sloppy performance, than not showing up at all. Now, sorry but I have to leave or I will end up being late. I will call you later today to check on you. Please have a good rest."

With that, the door closed. Riku was left alone with himself yet again, tears threatening to spill from his eyes once more.

You and Kujou-san aren't the same person.

Those words stung him deeply, because he knew exactly what truth Iori tried to smoothen behind those words.

"No... Not now. I have to rest if I want to get back to work tomorrow. Everything will be okay. It'll be gone after a quick nap. Surely." he whispered to himself, his mind still running wild with thoughts and worries as he laid on his side and hugged his pillow tightly.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

When IDOLiSH7 announced that Riku was sick at the start of their concert, he couldn't stop the overwhelming worry suddenly invading him, well aware of how weak Riku's body is, and how even a minor fever can be dangerous to him.

He instantly called Tsumugi, who told him he caught a cold and had been running a fever since this morning. She also told him that he was alone at their dorms, which immediately filled him with dread and anger: how could they leave him without supervision when they knew of his condition?! This was beyond irresponsible! What if he had an attack while no one was there?!

"Tenn, hurry up, or we'll be late for the interview!" Tenn cursed inside his head when he remembered that he still had an interview to take care of today, shouting an "I'm coming!", hastily ending the call with Tsumugi after saying goodbye, forcing himself to forget about this matter, at least during the time of the interview.

~

Riku was awoken by his phone ringing awfully loudly, feeling earlier's headache which had managed to calm down coming back at full force.

"Nanase-san? Is everything okay? How are you feeling?" he could hear Iori's voice on the other end, although it sounded like he was underwater, having trouble discerning the other boy's words.
"Iori, I... I'm fine, don't worry about me. Just focus on your work."

"... Did I wake you up? I'm sorry, I was just worried that anything might have happened to you since nobody-"

"No, no, it's alright. Don't worry, okay? I'm fine. Please stay focused on your work and don't worry about me. I'll call you if anything happens. Now, you should go, I assume you haven't finished your day yet. I'll see you tonight." Riku hastily hang up, not giving any time for Iori to at least say goodbye. He was perfectly aware that what he just did was rude, and will have to apologize to Iori later, but he really wasn't in the mood to talk right now.

His head was starting to pound like crazy, his throat uncomfortably dry, no amount of water making that feeling go away. He wanted nothing more than to sleep until it stops.

As he was about to fall asleep, the sound of someone knocking lightly on the door woke him back to reality.

"Huh?" he murmured, turning his head towards the door.

"Riku? Are you awake?" Riku froze for a few seconds, his brain working in slow motion, which silence the other person took as an answer.
"... Riku? I'm coming in."

The door opened slightly, revealing Tenn standing in the doorway, staring intently at his twin. Riku blinked multiple times, unsure of how to react to his presence.

"Tenn-nii?"