Chapter 4

AN: Sorry for the late update! I was a bit busy those weeks- I'll try to update more quickly from now on!

"Never say that again. Never." Tenn had tears gathered in the corner of his eyes, threatening to spill at any moment, his expression a mix between anger and dread. After a few seconds, Tenn suddenly tackled Riku into a hug, holding onto him as if he would disappear at any moment.

"Riku... You are my other half. I don't see my life without you. I love you more than anything in this world. So please, don't say that. Please." Tenn hugged him even tighter as he buried his head in Riku's shoulder, where Riku could feel his t-shirt dampening.

Riku slowly rose his arms to hug him back, not saying a word, his expression complicated. His head was a mess, didn't knowing anymore what was reality or not, what to believe and what to not. Tenn's words now goes against his usual behavior with him.

"Then... If you really care about me... Why are you always acting so cold towards me? Why do you keep turning me down each time I want to spend time with you? Did I do something wrong? Do you... Like Aya-chan more than me? Is it because she's your sister now? Is it because she's normal?" Riku whispered, his voice sounding so lost and hurt, breaking Tenn's heart a bit further every second.

"Is this... Of course not!" he exclaimed immediately, raising his head from Riku's shoulder and cupping his face, wiping away his tears with his thumbs.
"Riku, listen. Never could I ever love Aya more than you. I do see her as my own sister, but she will never be able to replace you in my heart. This... This while situation is my fault. I'm sorry I didn't notice how much I was hurting you. No- I knew it, yet I didn't do anything but add to it. I'm sorry, Riku." Tenn apologized, his voice cracking a bit as the tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I'll change... I'll definitely make it up to you, so, I never want to hear you say that you shouldn't exist ever again. Okay?" Tenn whispered, caressing Riku's cheeks, trying hard to keep his tears in check.

"... Okay." Riku nodded weakly, a small smile forming on his face, as he rose a hand to wipe Tenn's tears away. "I won't, so you can stop crying, Tenn-nii. Smiling suits you better."

Tenn chuckled. "You're right. My crying face is pretty ugly compared to my smiling one,"

"No- Tenn-nii, you are always beautiful whatever is your expression! What I meant is that I like it better when-"
Suddenly, Riku felt a wave of nausea crashing onto him, his sight blurring for a few seconds, the world starting to spin around him.

"Riku? Are you okay?" Tenn asked when he noticed Riku's expression and sudden shift in behavior.

"Y-Yes, sorry... Just a bit dizzy."

Tenn frowned, his eyebrows furrowing as he proceeded to press a hand against Riku's forehand, and his other one against his own. "You are burning hot..."

Riku froze for a few moments, leaning onto Tenn's warm hand unconsciously, before realization dawned upon him that he was sick, having him abruptly leaning away from Tenn. "Ah- you shouldn't get so close, or you might get sick too!"

"A simple fever won't stop me from doing my work." Tenn still leaned away, watching with concern as Riku pressed a hand against his head, a groan escaping from his lips.

"But still, I don't want Tenn-nii to suffer because of me! So please, don't get too close." Riku spoke after the nausea caused by his sudden movement dissipated, quietly thanking his twin as he handed him a glass of water.

"... Alright, I won't." Tenn spoke after a few seconds, a small smile forming on his face, seeing the determination Riku was showing. "If it can make my adorable little brother happy."