12

Jeong-in hadn't looked so excited in years, it was finally his first year marriage anniversary with Chan. They hadn't got married because the older still saw the cute fix like boy as a baby, well through it all they fell in love and it was finally the day the blonde had been patiently waiting for. He was highly affectionate that morning, which he rarely ever was. It made Chan lift an eyebrow at his sweet lover smiling like an idiot.

"Innie baby? Are you that excited for our anniversary?" Chan chuckled his dimples showing, Jeong-in blushed nodding shyly.

"Yes!" He grinned widely finishing his breakfast. "Ohh would you look at the time. I need to get to the courts for a case, first to NCT then Minho Hyung and courts. Bye Channie. I love you." Jeong-in kissed Chan on the lips leaving the older boy shocked with red ears. "Do the dishes aswell."

Jeong-in headed to NCT, the head police station first, after he finished his work there he went to S.T.A.Y. He had never been so highly elated about stuff but today was special. It was the day Chan promised they officially become one. Because in his opinion the younger was too young. Apparently even at 21.

"Stop grinning so much." Hyunjin rolled his eyes at the blondie.

"Shut it Hyunjin. Let him have his moments. Someone's going to get laid tonight~" Minho winked at Hyunjin who gasped so loud even Changbin rolled in his grave. Literally.

It had been a month and it was already November since Binnie had passed. They tried to pretend that everything was fine but sadly it wasn't as easy as they assumed it to be. Jeong-in had everything planned out, he'd give the older a surprise party tonight, then again he decided to only have a candle lit dinner with the two of them.

"See Hyunjin you jinxed his mood. Look at him pout sadly." Nayeon swatted the tall boys forehead.

"Did not. He was being creepy grinning like that like a possessed doll." The giant scoffed flipping through files he barely understood.

"Agreed!!" Ryujin lifted her arm to second the statement.

The fact that Chan hadn't been answering his calls made him a little upset. Well actually it caused him to tear up, he was a baby on the inside even though he denied the fact over and over again. The younger bit his lips, maybe he was just busy with another case?

"Its on the house!!" Jisung smiled at Jeong-in, he looked drained out, exhausted and tired. He was having a hard time with his anxiety but still tried his best to be bubbly as ever.

"Hyung? Are you okay?" Jeong-in pouted taking the flowers he had ordered for the older. Jisung caressed his own arm with a small smile pretending to be the sweet boy he was.

"Yes I guess. He helps me as much as he can, it keeps getting worse but well........Hey you should hurry it's going to rain!!!" Jisung shooed Jeong-in out of the shop with a forced giggle.

As the young boy went up his house, the place Chan built just for him, them he frowned noticing his husband's car still in the garage. He pushed through the front door, the sinister smell of blood filled his nostrils. Panick drenched his existence as he ran up to their shared bedroom.

Minho had just come out of the shower when his phone started ringing. Answering the call without checking the caller ID he placed it between his shoulder and ear he slapped Jisung's butt on his way downstairs. The younger whined following the older with a pout as he rubbed the sore spot on his ass.

"In-ah speak. Its been silent for too- Are you crying?" The older halted his actions at the sniffling coming from his favourite maknae.

"H-Hyung......C-Channie." Jeong-in broke down crying.

Gruesome, was the first word Minho could think of when he reached Jeong-in's residence. Chan's neck had a deep slash, his eyes staring into space, tear stained cheeks as the ghost of an axe remained on head. Withered rose flowers brought a few hours remainded fallen just like how the younger boy had dropped them, Chan was the sweetest person to ever exist, who and why would anyone even dream of hurting such a soul?

"Innie?" Hyunjin patted Jeong-in's cheeks, cold and frosty by sitting beside his husband's body for hours with open windows as the cold winter breeze engulfed him with her chilly fingers. He didn't react, nor did he respond, he just sat there staring at Chan with eyes filled with tears as it streamed down without him knowing.

"He's gone into a shock." Yeji sighed when she examined the younger boy. Gesturing her team to take the boy away she squeezed Hyunjin's arm.

"Minho what the fuck are you even doing with the case?! If you aren't worth to find the killer just resign and get lost!!! Your negligence cost my son's life damn it!" Mr Bang grabbed Minho's collar, he wasn't thinking straight. He had lost a son and now he had nothing. Mrs Bang pulled Minho away from the Chief as she guided him outside.

"Its not your fault. None of knew he had his target on my son. On his anniversary. Listen Minho, I know I lost a son but I also know you lost your only hyung. You and Chan have a very deep bond and share everything with eachother. Its hard on you. Its hard on everyone so take next few days off. This applies for all of you, start work after his funeral." She caressed Minho's cheek that had silent tears streaming down. He nodded sniffling as she hugged him.

"I-Im sorry." He managed to whisper.

"Hush now. Find that Serial killer and bring him to me.........Alive or Dead. I don't care, he's killed so many, even the ones I love including your siblings, sweet binnie and my son. Just find him." She patted the boys shoulder. He nodded bowing and left the house with a heavy heart. What was he even going to do now?