Mrs. Luntz's generosity

"I'm in the master bedroom," Neal heard Peter say over the speaker.

"All right. Check the drawers and cabinets. People usually hide things where they're easily accessible." Diana turned and glanced at him with a grin. "As Mozzie taught you."

There were sounds of cupboards ad drawers opened

"I found a safe key," Peter said. "'Centurion.'"

"Centurion," Neal repeated. "Look for an in-wall safe."

"Mrs. Luntz," Peter returned after a moment. "Well done, Mr. Luntz." Neal found his pulse rising. Had he got company? Then: "I found the safe." Neal relaxed. Peter had probably just commented on the painting. "I found the video. Copying it now. I'll give the original to Stanzler and keep the backup for us."

"Guys, listen to this," Diana said and put what she heard in her headphones on speakers.

"This Chip Wheelock, the guy at E.C.H... That's East Coast Hydroelectric. What exactly does he know?"

"He knows he wants in. We got a guy in the power company, flips a switch, rolling blackouts. We make a fortune."

"No. No way. It's too risky."

"You mean it's too easy? Look, go to the party on Saturday night. Talk to the guy, spend a few minutes, see what he has to say. If you don't like it, take a walk."

"Peter," Neal said, "Stanzler and Luntz may have an executive from East Coast Hydroelectric in their pocket. He's meeting them at the party on Saturday."

"All right. We wait until Saturday and take down all three of them." There was a beep. "Video's copied. I'm on my way out."

"What's your exit plan?"

"Same as my entrance plan."

Then they heard a knock and a "Candy, may I come in?"

The planes just changed.

"We've got a problem; we got company," Peter whispered into the microphone.

"Stanzler is wrapping up," Diana told them, stress in her voice. "He's got two minutes until he's back in the car."

"Just say the word," Neal said. "We're ready to move in."

"Hold on. I'm gonna Caffrey my way out of here."

Neal blinked. What? It was Peter in there!

"Why doesn't he listen to me?" he huffed.

Jones turned and stared at him.

"Are you serious?"

Well, maybe this switching-places-thing had gone to his head too.

"It's an unnecessary risk, is all I'm saying."

They listened eagerly to what was coming next.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" a male, embarrassed voice.

"No, no," Peter assured him. "I'm sorry. We weren't expecting anyone. I... I know Candy from the... foundation. She's veeeery generous..." They did not hear any response from whoever was in the room with Peter. "... giving person."

Could this be worse than Peter flirting?

"Get ready to move," he told Jones and Diana, and to his surprise, they were all three on their feet.

Someone chuckled.

"Trust me. I know exactly how giving she can be."

"Yeah, yeah." Peter joined. All three of them stared at the speaker. Unbelievable.