Chapter One: Auradon Prep

So, we made it to Auradon where we were welcomed by a marching band, a few students welcoming us with signs and waving flags, someone who I can only guess was Fairy Godmother because of the amount of blue she was wearing, and two teens around our age. When the limo stopped and the diver opened the door, Jay and Carlos fell out of it, fighting over a scarf they found in the car. I just got out after the girls and stood away from the scene. Mal told them to stop as we had an audience. Fairy Godmother told them to put it all back which they reluctantly did. Jay then walked over to the girl next to Fairy Godmother and attempted to flirt with her but she just laughed uncomfortably. 

"Welcome to Auradon prep," Fairy Godmother said interrupting the awkward moment, "I'm Fairy Godmother, headmistress."

"The fairy godmother? As in, 'Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo'?" Mal asked

"Bibbidi-bobbidi. You know it."

Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile... And that sparkling wand."

Well, now I know what Mal was plotting earlier. Couldn't have made it more obvious.

"That was a long time ago. And as I always say, 'don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future'," Fairy Godmother said

Well, that explains why most of the people on the Isle became villains. No wonder she's so nice.

"It's so good to finally meet you all. I'm Ben."

"Prince Benjamin," the girl who Jay tried to flirt with spoke up, "Soon to be king."

Evie walked forward, "You had me at Prince. My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess."

"The evil queen has no royal status here and neither do you."

Evie backed down.

"That's where you're wrong, actually," I said speaking up, "Her mother married a king here in Auradon but was sent to the Isle while Pregnant with Evie. So, actually, that does make her a Princess. Learn your facts before you insult someone."

The girl went quiet.

"This is Audrey," Ben introduced the girl

"Princess Audrey," Audrey corrected, "His girlfriend. Right, Bennyboo?"

"So you are a Princess yet you don't know your facts. Someone needs to do more reading," I said

"Ben and Audrey are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow," Fairy Godmother spoke up before Audrey could have a go at me, "The doors of wisdom are never shut. But the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews."

That was her cue to leave and the band followed. And the students went back to whatever they were doing before this. 

"It is so, so, so good to finally me..." Ben went to shake hands with Jay who just gave him a friendly punch, "...meet you all," Ben shook hands with Mal who stared at each other for too long, "This is a momentous occasion, and one that I hope will go down in history..." Ben shook Carlos' hand which still had chocolate on it, "Is that chocolate? As the day our two peoples began to heal." Ban finally shook hands with Evie and I

"Or the day that you showed four peoples where the bathrooms are," Mal spoke up

"A little bit over the top?"

"A little more than a little bit."

Both of them just chuckled. There's defiantly going to be something going on between them by the end of the year. But Audrey was defiantly jealous of their chemistry. So, she spoke up to Mal about their parent's past together and it almost looked like they were getting along. Almost. There was still a rivalry there somewhere. Good to know that Audrey is Sleeping Beauty's daughter. This should be fun. But Ben moved on with the tour of the school. 

"Auradon prep, originally built over 300 years ago and converted into a high school by my father when he became king," Ben started to explain.

We walked past a statue of Ben's dad which Carlos just stared at. Ben clapped his hands and the statue transformed into a beast, scaring Carlos into jumping into Jay's arms. I don't know if that is an upgrade or a downgrade to the story dad told me. At least in his version of the stories. I'll tell him about it in a letter.

"Carlos, it's okay. My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to remind us that anything is possible," Ben explained

"Does he shed much?" I asked purely out of curiosity.

"Yeah, mom won't let him on the couch."

"Fair enough."

Ben led us all inside. But Carlos tried to change the statue back but it didn't do anything. I just told him to come on so he followed us inside.

"So you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon? Like wands and things like that?" Mal asked

"Yeah, it exists of course, but It's pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals," Ben explained

"Who happened to be kings and queens.

"That's true. Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years," Audrey said putting Ben's arm around her shoulders.

Okay, this feels like one big toxic relationship here. You can practically sense it. Ben soon noticed someone coming down the stairs and asked him to come down.

"This is Doug," Ben introduced, "He's going to help you with your class schedules and show you the rest of the dorms. I'll see you later, okay? And If there is anything you need, feel free to..."

"Ask Doug," Audrey spoke up quickly

And some forced laughter from Mal and Audrey.

"You done? " I asked the two.

They just looked at me before Audrey left with Ben.

"Hi, guys. I'm Dopey's son. As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and..." Doug trailed off when he saw Evie, "Heigh-ho."

"Evie. Evil Queen's daughter."

Doug got himself together, "Okay. So about your classes, I, uh, put in the requirements already... History of Woodsmen and Pirates, Safety Rules for the Internet, and, uh, Remedial Goodness 101."

"Let me guess," Mal ate a sweet she took from the limo, "New class?"

Doug nodded. Mal then told her gang to go find their dorms and went upstairs. 

"Oh, uh, yeah, your dorms are that way, guys," Doug said pointing the other way before turning to me, "You have a dorm all to yourself because..."

"Because no one wanted to share a room with the Daughter of Rumplestilskin. I get it. Gives me more room to practice magic and make it my own."

So, we were taken to our dorms and, Doug was right, I have one all to myself. And it was very... pink. I'll have to fix that. After I've unpacked.