Chapter Four: Family Day

Another boring lesson in Goodness Class. Well, at least we were at the end of it. Or so I thought. Fairy Godmother told us that this Sunday was Family Day at Auradon Prep. As our parents couldn't come, Fairy Godmother set up a video call with them so we wouldn't be left out. But I had to wait because she couldn't get my dad on the same call as everyone else. So, I waited as the four had an interesting chat with their parents. I tuned most of it out. Except for the parts where Mal was clearly telling Maleficent when she could get Fairy Godmother's wand and Carlos standing up to his mother about owning a dog.

Yeah, she always told Carlos that dogs are dangerous when they're not. Well, some breeds. Oh yeah, Ben had let Carlos take care of the Campus Mutt that they have for some reason. Anyway, Curella and Jafar got into an argument and Jay turned the call off. Jeez, their parents suck. Glad my father isn't that bad. Jay thanked Fairy Godmother for the surprise and they all left. My turn. I got up from my desk and walked over to the TV Screen. Fairy Godmother asked if I was ready to which I said yes and she turned the call back on to see my father.

"(Y/N)!" Dad said smiling

"Hey dad," I said smiling.

"How is Auradon treating you?"

"Amazing. I love it here. But I miss the shop and you."

"I'm still waiting for that letter, Dearie."

I chuckled, "I'll send it soon, I promise."

Dad smiled, "I know you will. So, has anything interesting happened?"

"I made a deal with the Prince yesterday and got a fox."

I called Vixen over and picked her up to show my father.

"Ooh, that is a good trade. What did he want?" Dad asked

"He wanted to keep it private but he wanted answers about something," I said putting Vixen down as she was a little heavy and I wasn't used to holding an animal, "I only asked for Vixen because I got lonely."

"Why don't you open up your own Pawn shop in Auradon? You would earn enough money to provide for yourself and you might get more visitors."

"Prince Ben offered to give me your mansion that's still here but I declined for now. I might ask for it sometime in the future. As for the shop, it wouldn't be the same without you."

"Well, it's completely your choice. But it sounds like you're doing well in Auradon."

I smiled fondly, "Yeah, you were right."

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we're out of time," Fairy Godmother said

"I have to go," I said.

"Of course. Enjoy the rest of your day, Dearie," Dad said smiling

"You too," I smiled

And the call ended. I thanked Fairy Godmother for letting me talk with him and left for my next class. But none of that is important. Let's skip to Sunday. Family Day where we were invited to join. I arrived before the others did where Ben met me. We said hello and had a little chat before Ben's little performance for the parents. And, at the same time, I met Ben's parents. Belle and Adam. They both seemed a little uncomfortable around me at first. This will take some getting used to.

But Ben said all good things about me to them and how I wasn't like my father when it came to deals. I had Vixen by my side to prove that. But then he asked something which shocked all three of us. He asked his parents if I could stand next to them during his coronation. I was the first to ask him why he would want that. He explained that it was because he was hoping to give me some kind of Sorceress that could help the people when he becomes king. In return, he would allow me to ask for payment in return for these deals and give recognition for it.

So he won't be taking credit for my work. Well, that's a deal all in itself. I said I would think about it but still accepted being upfront with his family. Only so I can keep an eye on Mal and her gang. I didn't mention that part to him. I excused myself from the three and just had a look around and tried to talk with people. And I'm glad I did too because Ben did his performance which was a pop-rock version of 'Be Our Guest'.

I'll take the original any day but not that. Sometime after that, I was just playing with Vixen when some drama stirred up. Looks like Mal met Sleeping Beauty's Mother. And her mother was not happy about seeing Mal here. Even disagreeing with Ben's proclamation about bringing Villian kids here. And how, because of Maleficent, she missed so much of her daughter's life because of the curse she put on her daughter. That's in the past and Mal had no part in it. Why am I defending her?

It's none of my business. It only got worse from there when Chad spoke up. I only learned his name due to the panic in this next part but he was the son of Cinderella and Prince Charming. Anyway, he started naming off what all the villain kids have done since they got here or what they're like. Evie insulted him by showing him his own reflection after asking her magic mirror who the biggest jerk in the land was. That caused a bit of trouble which ended in the four fleeing while Chad was temporarily put to sleep with a sleeping spray. It didn't take much to wake him. I walked over to Ben and his parents as I had nothing to do with the others.

"I feared something like this would happen," Adam said

"This isn't their fault!" Ben defended them

"No, son. It's yours."

"Some father you are," I said to Adam

"(Y/N), please..." Ben tried to stop me.

"You're not helping," I told him before turning back to his dad, "Ben did nothing. Chad shouldn't have insulted them. I think they did the right thing to stand up for themselves. All they're doing is trying to make up for what their parents did despite having nothing to do with it. You're just blaming them because they're kids of villains. But what does this say about you? You all claim to be the heroes or the victims of your stories when really you're the villains to us. We're all villains if you really think about it. But don't blame your son for actually doing something good."

And I walked off with Vixen. I've said what I needed to say.