She notices your fondness for blades over guns

Sadie: She discovered this by accident when she found your journal open on a table near your tent. She was only two or three pages in before realizing it was yours and quickly reset it as it was and walked away pretending nothing ever happened. However, she noticed the many blade sketches in your book in the few pages she looked over and comes up with an idea for an anniversary present. When the special day comes, she is a little hesitant, but gifts you her present to you regardless, the prized knife of her fallen brother, who she loved dearly. This warms your heart, that she would trust you with such an honor, so you hug her tightly and end the embrace with a passionate kiss.

Abigail: she finds out when hearing you and Hosea having a rather deep conversation about the decline in the reliance of swords and melee combat over the course of the 17 and especially 1800s, and how you in particular wish you could have a piece of that history with you. So, naturally, when she finds herself in Saint Denis' military museum, she steals a sword she knew would be just right for you. When she gifts it to you, you are overjoyed and wrap her in a tight hug.

Karen: She spots you playing throwing knives and decides to try her luck against you, winner keeps all the knives. You play for the next ten minutes, enjoying each other's company and playful competitiveness. You win and while Karen doesn't like to lose, she's glad to see you happy. You notice this, and let her keep two knives as a response.

Mary-Beth: The two of you find yourselves in a long conversation about the great swordsmen of the past. The knights, samurai, and Arabs. This inspires her to write a book on the subject, and you help her with the details of each weapon she describes. The book sells better than either of you expected and she hugs you tightly as thanks.

Molly O'shea: she doesn't have as much of an interest, more because of her disinterest in weapons in general as opposed to a lack of interest or respect for you. She does however, take interest in your fascination with medieval history, especially European, as it inspires her to look back and continue to honor her own Irish heritage, in spite of American bigotry.

Bonnie MacFarlane: she notices this when the two of you need to go to a weapons store to purchase a gun to replace her broken one. She notices that you seemed more interested in the knives and daggers in the store than the guns, and first nudges you to stay on task. She then asks you about it on your way back to the ranch and she becomes impressed with your extensive knowledge on the subject. She later encourages you to become a bladesmith, and with her support and the help of the farm's blacksmith, you manage just that.

Luisa Fortuna: She shares your interest in the history of swords and swordsmanship, as she feels there was a greater pride men held for their nations in protecting them than when they traded their swords for guns. She later teaches the subject to her students, and encourages them to not allow the change in the nature of warfare and battle, lessen the pride and love they have for their country. This made you proud, and the two of you enjoyed a romantic walk in the desert together afterwards.