Chapter 60 - Try

"What's your favourite color?" I asked Noah. "Hmmm, red" he responded with certainty. "Really! Red" I spoke with shock in my voice. "Yeah , you sound surprised" he raised his eyebrows at me. "I thought it was black" I pulled the blankets up to my neck, snuggling into them. "What's your favourite colour?" He questioned.

"Maybe turquoise" I replied. "Turquoise?" He snickered, teasing me. "Yeah. It's a good colour" I persisted.

"What will I do about Nursing School?" I worried as I played with my hand under the blankets, changing the subject. "What do you mean?" He looked at me with a confused face. "Well my school requires me to be in a lot, and I haven't been in for like two weeks" I explained as best I could. "I'll talk to them" he spoke with a reassuring tone. "Don't threaten to kill them" I warned him.

"I'll try not to".

We lay in silence for awhile. "Your brother is now officially the leader of the D'amelio mafia" Noah let out like he had been keeping it from me all day. I didn't know how to respond. Maybe because I forgot about my fathers death due to the fact I was so worried about Noah.

"Oh" I spoke placidly. "I thought you would be happier?" He sighed. He was probably upset that he brought it up in the first place. "I don't know" I shrugged. "I miss them..... a lot, but there's also the fact that if I go to see them, this time it will be them who won't want me instead my father". Concern grew on my face as I spoke. "It would be their loss" he smiled slightly, trying to make me feel better. I smiled back but it quickly faded away.

"Ashton and Ella are leaving tomorrow after the dance to go home to their daughter" he muttered quietly. I could hear music playing downstairs and people talking. "Whats their daughter's name?" I questioned while playing with my hands. "Tara" he said before grabbing my hands. "That's a cute name" I smiled.

"Not as cute as Athena" he raised his eyebrows at me with a smirk, possibly suggesting names for our kids in the future. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to have kids. I had never planned to have a kid but the longer I spend with Noah, the want to have a child grows.

I think it would be cute having a bit of me and a bit of him mixed together into one human. The idea is weird. If I did have a child I'd want a boy but it looks like Noah wants a girl. Probably so that he doesn't have to deal with his own bad temper passed down onto his son. God, I only imagine a mini Noah. He would definitely be a heart breaker like his father.

"I like Sage for a boy" I finally chirped, a smile growing on my face. "Sage Beck" Noah mumbled slowly. "I like it" he nodded approvingly.

"Ok, go downstairs and spend time with Ashton and Ella before they leave tomorrow after the dance" I urged, not wanting to take away from his time with them. Noah groaned before rolling off the bed and standing up. "I'd much rather spend all my time with you" he grumbled as he walked out. I smiled at his words.

I lay down, with a warm feeling spreading through out my body. It was happiness. He makes me happy and no one can deny that.

Noah and I, we're going to make it, I believe we can make it. I fell asleep with my mind on him. My soulmate.

——————————

I slipped on my black dress that hugged my body, showing off my curves. It's probably not appropriate for a 15 year old school dance but I have nothing else to wear and I don't want to go in jeans and a shirt. Surprisingly Noah isn't that bothered by what I wear anymore, I think he's loosening up; very slowly.

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I shouted, while doing my makeup in the mirror. "Hey" Ella smiled. "Hey" I grinned back, trying to stay focused on my mascara. "So today is our last day here" she looked sad. "Yeah, I think I'll miss you the most" I winked playfully at her, earning a smile. "Thanks, I just came in to see how you were doing" Ella stated. "I'm okay I guess" I shrugged carelessly.

"You don't have to go to this dance if you don't want to". She must've heard something about the past 2 dances/ balls that I've been to. "No, it's fine, it'll make Adam happy" in order reassuringly. "Ok" she sighed. "I'll leave you to get ready".

I finished curling my hair. I wasn't going full out today because it's only a school dance but I put some effort in so that I didn't embarrass Adam and Grayson. I lifted my heels off of the floor and placed them on the vanity table. I took one of the heels and slipped it onto my foot. I did the same with the other shoe and eventually made my way downstairs.

"Wow, you look good" Grayson winked at me before getting a death stare off of Noah. "Trying to impress the 15 year olds?" Noah questioned me with an intense look on his face. "Nope" I shook my head with my arms folded stubbornly. "Don't lie" he growled playfully, grabbing my waist and pulling me impossibly close to his body. "I'm not, the only person I'm trying to look good for is you" I kissed his cheek softly. "Ok then" he nodded pecking my lips a few times before releasing me.

"Do you want me to drive you guys ?" Noah offered with a soft tone. "Please" I whispered, hugging him. I was starting to feel nervous. I just wanted to come home as soon as possible after the dance and go skiing with Noah.