Chapter 61 - Eyes

We waited in the car for Adam and Grayson to get in. They both got in at the same time, arguing about something but I was too busy playing with my hands to notice. I was bouncing my knee nervously as the anxiety slowly grew inside me.

I didn't feel so good anymore.

The drive was long since we had to go to Adam and Grayson's school that was practically 2 hours away. I got increasingly anxious, the closer we got. I think Noah could see my worry. He was the only one who could read me like a book or notice my stress. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to calm down.

"You really think I'd let you go to a dance without some of my guards there?" He tried to console my stress. A weight was lifted off my shoulder. "And John will be there" Noah grabbing my hand while he started to drive.

Grayson and Adam were too into their phones to notice me and Noah.

"Nothing will happen" he reassured me as we pulled up outside the school five minutes later. "Ok" I responded with a shakiness in my voice. Grayson and Adam hopped out. I seen Grayson greet a young pretty girl who was wearing a emerald green dress. That's why his tie is green. Adam waited outside for me.

"Kiss me" Noah grabbed my chin, turning my attention back to him. I pressed my lips against his, taking in the last few moments that I had left with him until I got home. He broke the kiss and pecked my forehead. He embraced me tightly, hugging me so that there was no distance between us; We were one. "I promise I'll protect you until my eyes close for the last time" he whispered in my ear as I held him in my arms. A lot of things had changed since the last dance. A lot of things.

I looked at his face to see lipstick on his lips from where I had kissed him. A grin spread across my face while I looked at him. "What" he asked, scowling at me defensively. "You might have a bit of lipstick on your face" I giggled, jumping out of the car quickly, not giving him enough time to respond. I saw him try to wipe it off but fail to get all of it. He watched me walk with Grayson and Adam. "Adam Carter" Noah yelled from his car window. Adam turned around, showing Noah that he had his full attention. "Take care of my girl" he yelled before driving off. Adam shook his head with a smile.

"Who is this?" I asked Grayson, referring to the girl beside him. "Her name is Amelia, she's my date" he smiled happily, holding her hand. They look cute together. "What's your name?" Amelia asked curiously. "I'm Dixie" I smiled politely, shaking her hand. "You don't look 15, I don't mean to be rude" she giggled lightly. "Oh yeah, that's cause she's not" Grayson laughed.

Adam walked beside me with his hands in his pockets. "It's a miracle Noah even let you take me, we may aswell make the most of it" I made my arm hook inside of Adam's. A smile appeared on his face. Noah's words had put me at ease. The anxiety was no longer bugging me anymore. I'm going to have a good day.

—————————

About an hour had passed of Grayson and Adam greeting people. They were really popular among their peers. I saw Grayson talking to the 'jocks'; If you can even call them that and Amelia stood beside him happily while joining in the conversation every so often.

Adam was talking to some of his friends while I stood over at the food table. I tried some of the cake and it wasn't that good. I'm assuming someone baked it though. I don't why I came to this dance. This is so dumb. Why would I go to something that I almost died at last time, well to be fair the last time the room was full of Mafia men and this one is full of kids but still.

I could feel my breath start to get heavy again as my eyes frantically scanned the room for any of Noah's men. "Hey" someone tapped my shoulder, making me jump in fear. It was John. "I came over to see if you were okay because you looked a little distressed" John mumbled as I calmed down. Atleast John was here. That makes it better. "I'm fine now" I smiled only slightly. He could see the discomfort on my face. "You've only got 2 hours left, you can do it" John cheered me on. "Thanks John" I ate a muffin before leaving John to eat the food.

It was now the last dance of the night and i had respected Noah's wishes of not dancing with Adam. But .... I'm going to break it now. I walked over to Adam. "Hi" he smiled. "Do you want to dance" I questioned with a cheeky smile, knowing we were going against Noah's wishes. "But Noah said- I won't tell if you don't" I interrupted quickly, grabbing his hand and pulling him onto the dance floor.

I glanced over to see Amelia and Grayson slow dancing to the song. Grayson was grinning while he danced with her. "I don't know how to dance" Adam muttered looking embarrassed. "Come on, I'll teach you" I placed his hand on my waist but not too low because I didn't want Noah to cut off his hands. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "How are you and Grayson?" I asked curiously. "We're okay now, he told me some stupid line that he came up with and I forgave him. I know he didn't mean it" Adam shrugged. "He's the bad boy out of the two of you huh?" I smiled jokingly at Adam who nodded, agreeing with my theory.

"He's had his eyes on Amelia since the start of the year but she finally gave in when he asked her to the winter dance" Adam explained. "Did he ask anyone else first?" I asked curiously. "No, it was only her and he got her" Adam looked kind of sad. "I take it he's popular with the girls then?".

"Yeah all the girls go crazy over him" Adam rolled his eyes in annoyance. "All of them?" I raised my eyebrows surprisingly. "I mean look at him, he's the star QB who's popular and good looking. What girl wouldn't want a guy like that?" He sighed defeatedly.

"It's okay, you'll find someone who'll like you just for you" I reassured him. "I hope she's like you".