Family Vacation

Connor hit the "Music Maker", Dina started to sing.  "Hit Me Baby, One More Time".  She was sit down boogie. Mom knew Dina, was going.  We stopped at a "rest stop ".  We put a show, Clara Tollerman commented we  never dull.  Males came too close, Connor put arm, around me.   We packed up, to leave.   Connor insisted on driving, Dina said "Let him."

    We entered our resort at about three in afternoon.  Carter, waited for his assignment.  Villa 841, Condo A , Tracy and her boys.  Condo B, Grandparents Storm and Benji, Tracy allowed it, to keep from killing him. Pappaw was one the only ones, that Benji would listen to.  Dad was another, he knew how to deal with him, because of Charlie. Condo C, belonged to Jack and Melissa.  Villa 853, Condo A Angelina and Danny, Condo B, Aunt Ruth and Grandma Rose, Condo C, The Tollermans.  They were given the correct condo series 843.  The Last Condo was ours, Villa 845,  Condo A, T-Roy and Travis Condo B, my parents, Charlie was there too.  Condo C was Connor, me and Dina. Connor didn't seem to care. 

    Connor carried in the suitcases,  Dina took room 3, I got room 2, we gave Connor, the master suite.  We normally chilled.  Connor came up with a great idea 💡.   A cookout, since each B unit, came with a large electronic outdoor stove.  We went shopping at the local food store,  Mom, Aunt Ruth, Dina, Clara, Angelina and I went to the store.  Dina ride shot gun, while I drove.  Dina found the neighborhood butcher shop.  Steaks, ham slices, chicken, hamburger and hot dogs, buns, steak sauce, glaze.  Dina found some great season meat.  Mom found the greens, a quick call to Grandma Dot, she advised two pounds of greens.  Dina picked three.  She was at a farmer's stand, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and chow-chow pickle. " Selena, which one, "hot 🔥 " or "mild".  We forgot we had Grandma Dot, on the phone, "Both ", a bottle of "Pepto Bismal and some " Preparation H," for Grandad.  I bought some homemade tomato soup.  Potatoes, cornbread, a small sugar and other ingredients, for baking.   A quick trip, to the liquor store, "Miller Genuine Draft", whiskey,  and something called "Guinness, " a bottle of Jack Daniel's and two twenty four packs of Pepsi, Schweppes ginger ale, two twenty four packs of Root beer and orange.   Connor, Jack, Cayden helped us, with the bags.   We loaded the fridge with drinks.  Jack went out, for ice.  Clara, Mom, and the Grandmothers, prepared the meat, luckily Pappaw, refuses to leave home   without "Miss Etta", that big ole crab pot.  Perfect for cooking greens.   Dina, took care of the greens.  Angelina sat and rested.   I started glasses. Salt 🧂 in the pocket, two beers 🍻, between my fingers.  A glass in each hand.  I sat the glasses, and an icy Miller Genuine Draft, Pappaw said, "No, glass, just the bottle. "  Dad gave me that look.  The bottle, before and in his hand, a salt shaker. "Mr. Tollerman?"  He looked up, puffing on his pipe, "Thank you."  He took the bottle.  Cayden was served by Dina, and with a thick frosted mug 🍺, I walked over to Connor, poured my surprise for him, he gave me one, when I found myself on his lap.  He took a gulp, he whispered in my ear,"How did you know, I would like this stuff.." "It's called Guinness. " , his growl in my ear, low and intoxicating.   Angelina, noticed Connor, paying attention to me.  We ate, and had enough left, for further meals.