3. Stag, Wolf, Dog, and Rat

James P.O.V.

Remus still hasn't returned yet from his prefect duty so The Marauders had  started practicing without him , they had succeeded very much in producing their Patronuses but still not a corpreal Patronus yet . 

But James was now confident that with few more hours of practice they all will be able to produce it.

The next morning when the Marauders arrive in great hall they all sat near Lily and the 2 Ms.

James was tired to speak much due to late night practices and potion brewing ( which was to be drink in moonlight before final transformation.) so he just eat his pancakes and listened to others talking.

"So have you all completed the history of magic essay on 'Goblin Revolution ' ? asked Mary mostly to Remus.

They all nodded and Sirius muttered "Remus forced us."

"We cant stand detentions at this time Sirius, thanks Remus for help.  " Peter said.

"No problem " Remus replied. 

"Thats very cute of you Remus " said Mary her face turning red.

Sirius yawned followed by Peter and then by James.

James was not interested in the talk until the most unexpected person called him and that too by his first name ,

" James can we talk alone for a second ? " Lily said.

James thought he was dreaming , he pinched his leg to make sure it wasn't a dream. Was she going to say 'yes' ? or is she going to turn him in for some prank but which one he couldn't think clearly now , or is she going to hex him he doesn't know he cant think straight when she is around him.

Nervously and confused he said "Um... Yes ?"

He followed her outside the great hall . She stopped and turned towards him and put her hands in her robes .Realising that she was going to take out her wand and hex him he suddenly took a step back and said "Don't  hex me , I haven't done anything............out of rules since the fireworks at start of term"

To his surprise Lily started laughing and seeing those smiles the intensity of butterflies in his stomach increased. 

"I wasn't going to hex you Idiot ! Its a potion it will help you to sleep properly , its for a dreamless sleep . Remus told me about it yesterday, don't worry your parents will be safe ." she gave him a vial and then she gave him a friendly hug . 

"Um......Thanks " said James still confused at what was happening , the hug , nightmares , parents , Remus , sleep.

"Hope it helps" said Lily before turning towards the great hall and James  followed her still confused but happy ( ok he was on cloud nine).

Later when he told about the story to other marauders and when Remus clarified what was all that about than only James could understand what has happened . He was grinning whole day and didn't feel sleepy but was although dreaming  with open eyes. 

In the night when the marauders started practicing again , James tried few happy memories but was only able to produce white wisp . His friends were also practising but they also were as successful as James till now although Remus had once nearly conjured large shape but it instantly disappeared.

James looked down he was wearing the same shirt whick=h hw wore in morning , he could still feel his skin burn where she has touched him , he remembered her perfume smell of jasmine , with all these thoughts in his mind he closed his eyes remembered her laughing her hugging him and open his eyes and spoke confidently .