55. Halloween (A shoulder to cry on)

Working at night has several advantages if you want privacy but has its disadvantages too. James Potter was facing more disadvantages than advantages. Building a team takes more effort than giving orders as a Head Boy. Though with the help of his three friends he was able to build a team and was now connected from Ministry to Leaky Cauldron to Knockturn Alley to Hogwarts to Hogsmeade to St. Mungo's. These connections need to be strengthened but that will take time and what they had now was good and was working. 

It was like a pyramid, each member recruits new members and becomes their leader, and then sends the messages to the person above him, at the top were three people James trusted and they would pass the useful information to him. It has a few faults, there were chances of error but they had been taking strict precautions.

James was glad that he has did this as it opened the entire Wizarding world in front of him, he was now getting the news which The Daily Prophet was either not getting all the news or these were not published for the sake of public morale, as the news that reached to James were terrifying and could break the morale of a person, can shake them to their cores.

The Prophet was just giving the upper look at the war, which was capable enough to generate fear among the public. The real and inside look at war was disgusting and James had to practice a lot to control himself and hold himself together after getting the information. The informations were like this:
>The Mayor of London, Sir Ramsay Ring was killed by the Death Eaters. (The muggle paper has mentioned the cause of death as a Heart attack.)
> Ten-year-old boy killed his parents under the influence of an imperius curse.

>Three muggles were hanged in a public place after being brutally tortured and killed.

>Five Aurors went missing two weeks ago, the body of two of them was found in a sewer in >Norwich, the cruciatus curse was used on them, and the other three are still missing, presumed dead.

>A muggle school was put on fire in Derby while the students were studying, four dead, and several injured.
>A family of muggleborns was killed and their bodies were mutilated.
>Four Ministry workers were found under the influence of the Imperius curse, they are now admitted at St. Mungo's.
>A witch named Pauline Shimizu, probably working for Dumbledore was found dead in front of her house, she was brutally tortured before being killed, and her right arm was missing.
> Brandon Denshaw, a well-known Auror's wife and kid were kidnapped by the death eaters after Brandon killed two important death eaters. His wife's mutilated body was thrown in front of the Ministry while the whereabouts of his three-year-old son is still unknown.

All this news was not published in the Prophet, James sat in his room after reading this information, his head resting on his hands, as he continued rubbing his forehead. He wish he could stay here for a long but that was not possible or it was possible but his priority was someone else, so he had to be patient, he will carry out the plans from Hogwarts.

He bid his goodbye to his parents, and this time he couldn't hold the tears, and neither could his parents, it was a long tight hug that they exchanged, and probably the last one too. His mind has gone empty and clouds of confusion have covered his mind now, he didn't know whether he wanted to leave his parents or not but has decided to leave with the hope to meet them during the Christmas holidays.

If anyone was to ask how Lily was, they were to receive an angry response as she was getting frustrated by all the work she has to do, which included Head duties and classwork, Remus and Mary had agreed to help her with Head Duties but their help was not enough as they had to do their classwork as well. And to make the situation worse it was during this time that McGonagall asked Lily to release the club details, and when Sirius found out that he was made the leader of the Drama club, he has made life worse for her since then, it was only after Lily has hexed him twice that he stopped complaining about being forced to join the club. Peter didn't object on the contrary he was very happy to be made a leader though he was nervous about it.