73. Albania, Vampires and Captured

Peter Pettigrew's life could be described in one word 'miserable.' He would be called for Order missions with the people who would all think he was weak for main actions, sure he liked to stay behind but he liked the action and he didn't like the funny jokes made to him. With his brothers it was different, he was comfortable, and he would insult and make jokes just as much as they did. 

Last year, he was with James and he felt really important, he was the main executioner of all Thanatos' traps, and would eventually add funny things to scare the death eaters like the voice of a Banshee in the middle of the battle, that according to James was freaking those death eaters out. 

But now, he was bounded by rules, and he hated these rules, it was all boring work, he just has to follow the advice of the seniors and Moody was no fun at all. 

James was gone with Lily on some vacation, so all the Thanatos action was gone.
 Remus has gone to live among the werewolves, and Sirius was usually absent in the evening when Peter went home. Sure, he'd hang out with Sirius but not much. Sirius was given more action-packed tasks.

Marlene has begun working as sort of undercover in Diagon Alley to provide security there and alert the order, she would pass out the moment she returned home, she hated her job as much as Peter. The only person who liked her job was Mary, she was doing well as a trainee, and was Peter's closest friend for now but they too didn't get much time to talk due to the bloody Order. He thought about how it'd be to go back to Hogwarts, then he would have all his friends close, and even he'd get to meet Clara again.

HE MISSED HIS FRIENDS. HE HATED THE ORDER FOR KEEPING HIM AWAY FROM HIS FAMILY.

The situation out there was terrifying, it freaked him out. He missed being with James the most, he'd always looked after him as a brother and gave him confidence. Lily was the same, she too would motivate Peter and defend him from the other marauder's remarks. But now both were not here. It surprised him the most that, how could they both remain so calm and happy in these situations and not he himself.

He was getting second thoughts, this was not the kind of work that he liked.

James and Lily found themselves enjoying the mountain more than they did during investigating and finding out about the Horcrux. They talked to local villagers about the tree of wit and were told that it was deep in the forest in Tomorri Mountain Range.

"James, come on, let's hike up to there like muggles, it'll be more fun than apparating, please," Lily requested once they were alone.

James smirked at her, "Thought you'd never ask."

Though after three hours of hiking, Lily found that her legs were getting heavy, she looked up at her husband, the athletic bastard was enjoying it and whistling, and she could swear that he was enjoying her struggle.

"What are you smirking at, Potter?" she asked irritatedly when he looked at her for the thousandth time.

"Enjoying the scenery, Potter," he teased. "Are you tired, yet?"

She looked at him hopefully but found that he was grinning victoriously. "No, I am not tired at all."

"Okay then, enjoy," he winked at her. Lily rolled her eyes and went to get her wand to use some charms for her legs but he caught her wrist. "Ah, ah, ah, Evans, no magic. Enjoy nature, naturally."

She threw her a dirty look before pocketing her wand, when he winked again, she poked out her tongue at him. "How long do we have to go, now?" she asked hopefully after another hour.

James checked the map, "We aren't even halfway, Lils. Wanna take rest?"

"NO," she snapped.

"Very well then, you continue walking, I am going to rest here, I will apparate and catch up with you," he said, walking to the side and sitting on a wooden branch lying on the ground. He smirked at Lily who huffed and stomped her feet before joining him.