14. The Mary Incident

A|N : This incident happened before Sirus' prank because that's the order in the prince's tale.

It was Gryffindor vs Slytherin today .

Lily though didn't like playing quidditch much but loved watching it , it reminded her of Football games to which she used to go with her family, her family was great football fan.

Lily sat in the stands with Alice ,Mary, Remus and Peter. Today's match was important for slytherins more if they wanted the cup. Gryffindorshowever were looking to secure their top spot.

"This is the last year for Frank Longbottom as a captain to win the cup they lost it last year to Rvaenclaws and before that Hufflepuffs were winners. Gryffindor won the last match easily thanks to their seeker's quick reflexes. But today he will be facing Regulus Black a very good seeker himself." echoed Jacob Lee's voice , a third year Gryffindor who had impressed everyone with his voice.

 "Here comes Gryffindor quidditch team : captain and keeper Frank Longbottom , chasers: James Potter, Marlene Mckinnon and  Aditya Patil , beaters: Sirus Black and Nancy Robins, and seeker Kevin Bell. Now Slytherins make their way captain Nott in lead and Regulus Black at last."

James got hold of the quaffle immediately , and rushed to Slytherin's goal post ducking Murk and then passed the quaffle to Patil , who did a 180 turn and threw the quaffle at Marls who was at back and she passed the quaffle to James who rose in time to prevent himself from being hitten by a bludger and shot the quaffle at one of the post.

"Potter scores , Gryffindor 10 to nil " shouted Lee, the Gryffindors cheered.

After 2 hours, it was turning into a dirty game as the players tried to score goals , but the Gryffindor chasers were now in sync being playing together for 2 years , they were able to score goals after goals and Frank's amazing keeping skills kept them at top , Gryffindor lead with 290 to 120.

"It seems as though slytherin seeker has seen the snitch he is rising in air with speed , Bell on follow , Bell just behind him , it's a close one and down there Marls had scored another goal and oh shit ....... What has happened there?"said Lee.

As the keepers rose to catch the snitch , Luttle the slytherin beater had hit Marls with a bludger after she scored , but Hooch hadn't seen it as she was looking at Regulus who had caught the snitch.

"Gryffindor wins though Regulus Black caught the snitch. And it seems Sirius is shouting at Luttle , that Luttle is a fucking ...*****...." concluded Lee.

"It doesn't hurt much , and I am happy that we won " said Marlene when they were in the common room.

"Here have a butterbeer " said James passing her one .

"Where did you get that ?" asked Lily but James just winked at her.

"Tell Potter " Lily pressed.

"From kitchens ?" said James more like a question. Lily rolled her eyes but left it .

James was walking back to the Gryffindor common room one evening after quidditch practice, he left early than others as they stopped to take quick shower when he heard an angry voice and laughter of some people coming from the next corridor.

"NO , leave Ivy, what harm has it done to you ?" shouted a girl , James recognised it .

"Because the fact that you exist. We are giving you just a lesson Mudblood. You should thank us that we are not doing this to you first, but don't worry you are next." laughed a voice ,a familiar voice.