19. The Broken Friendship

Peter has remained with Sirius that night. Sirius has realized later the seriousness of his prank.

Peter was grateful to have The Marauders map as it gave him the access to know that everything was okay by the end when Snape has gone to the headmaster's office but he slifgtly panicked when he saw James and Lily's dot going to Hospital wing, but they had walhed means it was not serious and Peter knew that if Lily was there then he need not worry. So he focused on Sirius that night.

A letter has fallen in front of Sirius and Peter with a flash of light. Pete took the note and read it.

    Sirius Black, you are to report to Headmaster's office tomorrow at 9 a.m. 
     The mishap has been prevented, thanks to Mr. Potter.

     P.S. Mr. Peter Pettigrew you are also requested to report at the same time.

     - Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, chocolate cluster.

"What is it?" asked Sirus.

"Dumbledore has summoned us tomorrow at 9 a.m." replied Pete.

"You too? Why?" asked Sirius.

"I guess he might want to know about everything." replied Pete.

"I messed up, didn't I Pete? Oh god what have I done?" said Sirus punching his bed.

"What you did was wrong. But it was Snape's fault more. You should relax now, what has been done has been done, we can't change that. We will face what happens tomorrow." said Peter.

James woke up to find himself in the hospital wing, Lily was sitting on a bed next to her reading  paper. Then James remembered what has happened the previous night, he saw Remus' bed at the corner of the room. He sat up.

"You stayed here?" asked James to Lily, who jumped and looked around at James.

"Are you alright? How is your chest?" asked Lily.

"Its fine" replied James touching the healed spot and then turned to look at Remus' bed which has covers hung around it. He looked back at Lily.

"Please don't tell anyone especially Remus that he has accidentally hurt me, he will get all sad and worried." said James. Lily was shocked the first thought James has had was about Remus' worry.

"But they will know that you were here."

"We will tell that I got hurt from Whomping Willow" offered James.

"Okay. But are you okay, Poppy said it was a cursed injury so it will leave scar for quite a long time." Lily asked with a worried expression.

"Yeah it doesn't hurt anymore. So, you stayed here all night?" asked James

"Yeah I didn't wanted to go back so I stayed." said Lily, she could feel her face going red. James nodded and stared at the front wall.

After 20 minutes the nurse entered the wing. She gave a potion to James and then went to Remus' bed. She returned to James and Lily after 10 minutes of examining Remus.

"He is awake, but will need some time to regain his control . Dumbledore will come here at 8, means in 10 minutes. He wanted to talk to you all. Now don't make any noises till Lupin comes out, he is sensitive to light and sound for few minutes." whispered Poppy and left.

After 5 minutes Remus left his bed and approached James and Lily, he was looking pale, he got near the bed nearest to James and lied on his back and turned his face to a worried looking James .