8

I couldn't move, my body felt like it weighted two shipping boats. Isidor tried to wake me up until he noticed I was already woke. I barely slept, his eyes were full of worry. He walked out of the dorm quickly. I brought my blanket closer to me, Keeping as much warm as I could. He came back with my dad, great. Suddenly I had the urge to close my eyes and sleep. My father made me sat up and checked my temperature, I frowned and pushed his hand away. Isidor was staying back fidgeting with his hands, my father firmly walked out.

-I'm going to search a doctor. His voice echoed through the quiet room.

Nobody dared to speak when he was near, My eyes went to Isidor who sat on his own bed.

- Why did you went to search him. I asked, my voice was raspy.

Isidor sighed awkwardly and switched his position to a more relaxed one.

- I didn't, I was going for the doctor myself but he noticed how pressed I was and called me out. I was trying to think of something but he understood and rushed here. He's really worried about you. He didn't dare to look at me.

I didn't answer and waited for my dad to come back with a doctor. I wasn't mad at Isidor, it wasn't his fault if my dad could read through him like a clear book. People were staring at us,  they looked away when my gaze went to them. Soon enough my father came back with a doctor. He was holding a cup with something warm in it I guessed. By the steam coming from the cup. The doctor came closer to me and handed me the cup, I didn't trust it.

- Its a mix of cinnamon and oregano boiled together. It will help your fever. The doctor spoke with a unbothered voice.

I looked at Isidor and he nodded, I took the cup and drank it quickly. My face twisted of disgust, I never truly liked oregano. I gave back the cup to the doctor. He slightly saluted us and ran out, He must have thing to do. My laid back and looked at my dad. I could see his lip twitching as he swallowed, he looked at the entire room.

- Now go train! We aren't here to be lazy. His voice was firm and harsh.

His glare went to Isidor who was looking at my father with panic.

- You too. He said.

I quickly grabbed Isidor's arms. My father looked at me confused.

- No, what if I get worse and I'm all alone. He stays with me. I didn't blink.

My dad took a deep breath and scoffed before leaving without adding anything. Isidor looked at me startled.

- I would never dare to talk to my dad like that, especially if he was the army commander. His voice was low so that only me could hear.

People slowly left and we were now just the two of us. I didn't understand why he seem so shocked by how I barked back at my father. Then I remembered, his dad was pretty violent... I lowered my eyes a bit.

- My father isn't like that, and I rarely ask or say anything against his order in general. For once that I have a friend I doubt he'd say anything against it. Even though he don't really like you. I was picking my word carefully.

I did not want to offend him in any way. His familial situation was quite the opposite of lovable. He didn't seem to get hurt by my words, not even surprised. He knew my father did not enjoy his presence in general, everybody knew, when I wasn't there he would be harder on Isidor than everybody else. But even if I told him to not be to hard he wouldn't care. I stared at Isidor, he was awkwardly staring back at me. I pulled my hand toward him, he didn't knew if I was asking for something and looked at it full of confusion.

- Your hand. I said a bit more firm than I wanted.

He quickly gave his hand to me, I grabbed it and looked at it. Some scars and scratches from training, he was very clumsy he must have tripped quite some times. I softly traced them with my thumb. He didn't protest and followed the movement of my thumb. His hands were warm, I kept doing that until I felt asleep. I woke up later to Isidor putting something on the small nightstand between our bed. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at what it was. Soup, I sat up struggling a bit, my limbs felt weak. I hated that I didn't want to look weak. He sat on my bed next to me.

- Careful it's still very warm. He said, his voice full of softness.

I smiled and nodded before taking a spoon that he was handing me and drinking it. He pressed a hand on my forehead.

- You're getting better! He smiled.

I nodded, I do not understand how he can be such a sweet person. I was lucky to have him as a friend even if sometimes he was weird and just randomly staring at me. After I was finished I laid back down and slept for a long time.