Chapter 9

Before they reached the throne room, Margaux suddenly stopped. She faced him and said, "Brother, you are going to meet my Imperial Father and Imperial Mother... I mean, they will become your Imperial Father and Imperial Mother too! They might seem very nasty, cold, and strict but they are great people once you get to know them..." She told him and quickly gave him instructions on how to act in front of the emperor and empress.

When she observed that he seemed slightly prepared, they walked towards the massive golden door. Ten athletic guards moved in synchronicity to open the grand entrance to the throne room where Emperor Dominic and Empress Emily were already waiting for the two of them...

Margaux made a perfect curtsy and greetings to her imperial father and imperial mother. She peeked at little Vladimir and waited for him to mess up but he did the courtesy bow and greetings with ease! She looked at the floor to hide the mixture of annoyance and disappointment!

Soon, she heard her imperial father's approval so she immediately stood up and smiled at her parents. Vladimir also stood up with her! He did not wait for the emperor's reply to his greetings... This time, she sneered inside her heart!

Preposterous! My Imperial Father said I could now stand! He did not say that you could also stand! Someone truly needs proper education and training in palace rules and regulations as well as imperial etiquette! Hmm... I already have the perfect person to help me reshape his troublesome behavior and actions...

She smiled happily while thinking about the hardships he would have to go through to satisfy the standard of the great etiquette master but she would need to get her parents' approval first...

"Imperial Father! Imperial Mother! I met my dear brother today and brought him here to formally meet you too!" She cheerfully explained while gauging her parents' reaction.

When she first told them about her plan to approach Vladimir, they were both against it... Her imperial father was very, very angry while her imperial mother was very, very hesitant! She did not quit because she knew what is at stake! After pestering them or more like acting cute, throwing adorable tantrums, and pouting in front of them for several weeks, she finally convinced them or it is more accurate to say that they were forced to agree to her wish...

This time, her imperial father and imperial mother seem very cold and apathetic while looking at the little dirtbag in front of them... Vladimir, on the other hand, seems unaffected by their cold treatment. He stood up straight and act like he is a full-grown man. After a deafening silence in the throne room, Margaux decided to break it...

"Imperial Father, Imperial Mother, this is my brother, Vladimir... Chambermaid." She secretly cringed after she mentioned his current surname and then she smiled because her brain instantly created an image of him...

She is imagining a very handsome and dignified Emperor Vladimir still using that awkward surname... Now, she wants to laugh like a witch inside the throne room!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved