°11°

┌⁠|⁠o⁠^⁠▽⁠^⁠o⁠|⁠┘⁠♪
____________________

SIDHARTH

BY THE TIME I'm walking into seventh period, I spot Shehnaaz sitting in her usual spot, front and center, her head bent, her long hair covering most of her face. I pause in the open doorway, studying her. Everyone is talking. Laughing. Except Shehnaaz. She just looks...sad.

Defeated.

Alone.

Her obvious pain is a heavy weight on my shoulders and it annoys the shit out of me. I'm responsible for it, and normally that sort of thing wouldn't bother me, but come on. What the hell did Shehnaaz Gill ever do to me?

Not a damn thing. Her mere existence annoys me, but that's not reason enough to torture her.

Or is it?

Jesus. I am seriously fucked up.

I walk past her, not saying a word, making my way to the back of the classroom and plopping my ass in my usual seat. Ezra is already at his desk, Natalie perched on his knee, eating him up with her sultry gaze while he sits there like a dumbass and basks in it. Knowing how Natalie operates, I don't trust her motives. She wants
something from Ez.

That's the only reason she's paying attention to him. "Sidharth, oh my God," she says when she spots me, rolling her eyes as she turns on Ezra's knee to face me more fully. "Are you bored yet?"

With this conversation? Hell yes. "What exactly are you referring to?"

"Working with the virgin. I'm sure you're hating every second." She points at Shehnaaz's back. "I cannot stand having Sam as my partner. He's so boring. He drones on and on. Talks about stuff I don't even understand."

That's because Sam is brilliant and Natalie is an idiot. Not that I can is an A for the project." of them smiling. "I'd much rather work with you, Sidharth."

actually say that to her. "Sam is a smart guy. He'll ensure your grade "Ugh."Natalie leans her head back, her gaze meeting Ezra's, the two

"What about me?" Ezra wraps his arm around her, resting his hand on her stomach, the bold motherfucker. "Wouldn't you rather be my partner, Nat?"

She wrinkles her nose. "Not even." She shoves his hand away from her and rises to her feet, coming to stand in front of me. from

This is what I don't like about Natalie. She's a tease. When I wasn't around, she's perching her ass on Ezra's knee and probably giving the poor fucker a boner. The moment he tries to be a little forward with her-and she was giving him all the signs that he had permission-she acts like he's a disgusting perv and pushes him away. I believe every woman has the right to say no-even Shehnaaz. I was just fucking with her at lunch, not that she'd even know the difference.

Natalie is constantly testing that line, trying to cross it and then running back on the other side when shit doesn't go her way. It's exhausting. And dangerous.

A weary sigh leaves me when I realize she's not done with the conversation, and I tilt my head back, meeting her gaze. "What do you want,

Nat?"

"Come with me and talk to Skov. I know you're miserable with her as your partner." She tips her head in Shehnaaz's direction. "I bet if the both of us went up there and pled our case, Skov would listen."

Probably not, but it could be worth a try. I know Shehnaaz would breathe a sigh of relief, not having to deal with me anymore. Getting away from her would also probably ease my frustration level.