°26°

SHEHNAAZ

I CAN'T CONCENTRATE with Sidharth sitting so close to me in psychology. We're supposed to be working on our outline, and I've pretty much put together my part, though he isn't quite finished. I'm trying to help him by pointing out our many differences, but we end up arguing over them.

Then I get distracted by his stupidly handsome face and the delicious way he smells. How rumpled his hair is thanks to that beanie he's been wearing off and on all day. He's currently chewing gum, snapping it and blowing bubbles, and I send him an irritated look.

"Do you have to keep doing that?"

He blows another bubble and pops it with his lips. "That bug you?"

I nod, glaring, though I don't really mean it. More like I'm enjoying giving him a hard time.

"Want a piece?"

"No, thank you." I reach for my backpack, unzipping the front pocket and pulling a fresh Blow Pop from within. My candy of choice. "I'll have one of these."

His gaze narrows. "You're playing with fire by sucking on one of those in front of me, Birdy."

"Really?" I tear the wrapper off and stash it in my backpack before I set the candy in my mouth, my lips wrapping around it.

His gaze settles on my mouth, watching me suck the Blow Pop. The longer he stares, the warmer I get, and I suddenly have a realization.

This probably looks really...dirty to him. I'm such an idiot.

I pull the sucker out of my mouth. "Maybe I should eat this later."

"No, by all means, don't stop on my account." He props his elbow on the edge of the desk, resting his chin on his curled fist as he continues watching me. "Go ahead. Enjoy it. I know I am."

I hold the sucker to my lips, pausing. "This looks dirty, huh?"

"Fucking filthy, Bird. I can only imagine what you would do with me if given the chance."

My body catches fire at his words, the promise behind them. I'd probably do it all wrong-what he's suggesting. I don't even know if I'd want him in my mouth like that.

Or would I?

That familiar dull ache starts low in my belly and I pull the sucker deeper into my mouth, my gaze never leaving his. I hollow my cheeks, sucking hard on the candy before I let go of the stick.

"Is this all practice?" he asks.

"For what?"

"You know what."

I stare at him, pulling the sucker out of my mouth so I can say, "I never thought of it that way before. I've just always liked lollipops."
His smile is slow and...sexy.

"I do too. Especially when you're sucking them."

At least he's not snapping and popping his gum anymore.

I decided to change the subject.

"Are you ready for the test and paper in English?"

"Sure." He shrugs. "I figure I'll watch the movie again and see if that sparks any ideas."

"Have you read the book?" I finished it a few nights ago.

Sidharth shakes his head. "Don't plan on it either."

"Sidharth."

He smiles. "Shehnaaz."

"You should read it."