VI

No matter what you loved them, they looked happy but their daughter was a shame to them. A tear escaped your eyes as you quickly wiped it and looked at them not until their eyes noticed you..

They saw you, their daughter. An excitement rushed inside your body but it faded when your father looked away and your mother had an angered face. What did you even expect?

Looking down, you hid your eyes that were welling up with tears, you continued your work thinking they might not come to you but they did.

"What are you doing here?" You looked up when you heard the dry voice of your mother who was trying hard not to burst out on you. Your father is standing beside her, keeping his mouth closed. You were super close to him but still he didn't understand you back then.

M-mumma.." you choked slightly while calling her after years, there was immense happiness yet pain.

"You have lost the right Y/N....you're not our daughter anymore..." she harshly threw her words as you looked down. I deserve it....

"What did we do to deserve a daughter like you? You aren't even ashamed of yourself while standing in front of us" her tears were streaming down too. It was her conventional mind that was stopping her from hugging her daughter whom she missed everyday, whose photo was always there in front of her eyes. Sometimes we let our mind control us when our heart says no.

"I-I am sorry...." You mumbled, still keeping your head low. Yes you were sorry, because in the process of finding yourself, you took away their daughter.

"I don't want any apology from you, just tell me why you're here. Are you here to come back to Taehyung's life? I am telling you don't you dare ruin his new life" at that moment, the pain stopped further and you felt emotionally numb. A feeling where no one understands you....is this really what you deserve? They never asked what was wrong with their daughter when they ruined all her opportunities. Her dreams and her ambition were all just a liability. Even their daughter was a liability whom they wanted to marry off in a rich family so that she could depend from one man to another. What you did is a sin for them and now they act like they hate you to the core. It's easier to blame and tougher to understand.

"I-I won't...I am his wedding planner" you spoke, looking away when you heard her snicker.

"This is why you ran away. Wow, those branded clothes, luxuries and stuff were more than enough for you so you decided to drop down on these filthy clothes" she referred to your formal clothes. "We gave you everything and still you ran after your cheap...career" she shot her eyes towards you as you looked back at her in no emotion. Your dad was still looking away.

"Only if you married him, he would have provided you with everything, be dependent on him, you would have been his princess" she bitterly chuckled and looked at you.

But I wanted to be a queen....

"Let's go..." you heard your father say, his voice, you heard him after so long. They were about to go when a girl came up to you.

"Mam.." It was your assistant. You hummed.

"Mam our L.A. clients have asked for another event planning from you, it would be next month. What should I say?" She asked.

"Is my schedule free for the time?" You looked through the file she gave you. You were focused on your work checking each detail. It seemed like a different you when you work.

"You're free for a week. Would it be enough to plan?" She enquired as you nodded.

"Sign it..." she nodded and went away. You forgot your parents were still there. Your father had a smile but he shrugged it away when you saw him and coughed before leaving. It took him a lot of effort to unsee that his daughter was not the same naive girl who ran away but a responsible independent woman.

For your mother, no matter how bitter her words wore, she was still relieved to see her daughter safe after all these years. It was the human nature of parents no matter how much they are against your dreams, they would still care for you. For them the idealisation of being a perfect parent means the happiness of their child or comfort of their child, for them they thought being dependent on someone will make your life happy but they were wrong. For you being well established with your own goal was happiness.

Forgetting the burden on your chest, you shrugged it off bringing your professional side. You had to take care of the event. Several hustle was heard as the hall was filled with the sounds of claps echoed and it was the time for the ceremony. Taking a deep breath, you looked at the stage to see both of them standing in front of each other. You looked at the rings placed on the table beside you, you gestured to the staff to take it with him towards the soon to be couple.

As soon as his eyes fell on the ring, he looked at you, how he wished it was you who was across him, that it was you with whom he would spend his whole life. But your presence lingered in his mind, it reminded him of those days when he missed you and wanted you to accompany his arms but you weren't there. For when he was so excited for his wedding but today it seemed like a formality.

He doesn't care who he was getting married to because it was for business. His dad who was so against letting women work himself found a girl who was one of top Ceos.
His cold eyes were set on you and yours on him when he felt something cold on his fingers, the ring. She slided the ring on his fingers as the whole crowd cheered. You looked down, clapping slowly as a faint smile appeared on your lips and soon he did the same, they were both engaged.....