Part 3 - A Date For Drake

Disclaimer - I do not own RWBY, nor do I own the characters. (Except for my OC, of course.)

It was comfortable, peaceful, tranquil. Drake could stay here forever. And he wouldn't get up for the wor-

"Wake up, sleepy head! Ren made PANCAKES!" Exclaimed a vibrant Nora. Well, he would get up for pancakes. "Nora, where's the syrup?" "Sorry, Ren!" "It's OK, Nora. I got another bottle because I knew What would happen."

After breakfast, Drake decided to try and find Weiss. He knocked on team RWBY's dorm room and Weiss opened it. To his surprise, she was alone. This was the perfect time for him to finally get his thoughts off his chest.

"Hello, Drake. Can I help you?" "Uh, well, I actually... Uh, I- I was wondering-" "Spit it out." "A-Are you free on Saturday?" "And for What reason?" "Well, um, I was thinking maybe we could go somewhere?" "Sure. I'll meet you at 11."

He had done it. He had got a date with Weiss Schnee! Well, not a date- date, but they were gonna hang out nonetheless. He got back to his dorm to find What he wanted to wear. "Black hoodie? No. Red hoodie? No. Grey hoodie? Definitely." He also picked out some dark grey jeans and a grey Beanie.

It was Saturday! The day had finally come! He put on his jeans, a hoodie then a Beanie to hide his ears in public. After pushing his bushy brown hair into his Beanie, making it appear larger, he rolled his sleeves up trying to look Cool for Weiss. Today was gonna be a good day.

He knocked on her door and Yang answered. "Is Weiss there?" He asked. "Weiss! It's your boyfriend!" She teased. "Oh shut up, you dunce!" She came into the room wearing a stunning White dress. "You look great." Said Drake. "Oh my God, you two are the cutest!" Exclaimed Yang. "We're not together!" Shouted Weiss and Drake, both in unison. "Shall we go?" Asked Drake. "Sure." Replied Weiss.

"Where do you want to go?" Asked Drake. "I'm not sure." Replied Weiss. "Anywhere in Vale, I'll pay." "How about that new restaurant that just opened up?" "Sure."

They arrived at the restaurant. It wasn't anywhere fancy. In fact, it was quite the opposite. A waiter came towards their table and asked "Would you like anything?" "I'll have a cheeseburger and a Can of Boop, please. " Drake said. "And for you, miss?" "I'll have a salad and some water please." "Of course." Replied the waiter as he walked off.

"Are you sure, Weiss? I'm paying." "I have a figure to keep." She replied. The waiter came back with the drinks. "Thank you." Boop was an energy drink strong enough to make even the calmest of people incredibly hyper.

They sat there in an awkward silence until the waiter came back with their food. "Uh, do you need any help studying for that history essay?" Drake asked. "Yeah, I do." "We could study when we get back to Beacon if you want." "Sure. That'd be Nice." She Replied. They ate their food and left for beacon.

When they got back, they went to the library to study. There was hardly anyone there, So they sat at an empty table. But little did they know, Yang, Ruby, Nora and Ren were at a table not too far from theirs.

"Weiss and Drake are back!" Said Ruby as she turned to Yang. "And they're studying together. I guess their date went pretty Well then." Said Yang. "I don't think it was a date, Yang. This morning Weiss told me that they were going just to hang out as friends." "Nah, it was a date. Besides, look at them! They look like a couple!" "They do seem to be a bit close." Said Ren, looking up from his book. "We should go over there!" Exclaimed Yang.

"Hello, lovebirds!" Yang said as she sat down with Weiss and Drake. "Lovebirds? Ugh! Like I told Ruby, we're just friends and we were just hanging out as friends. How much clearer Can I make this for you?" Weiss glared daggers at Yang. "You could start by explaining Why instead of looking at the book, which is on the wrong page by the way, you've been staring into each other's eyes." Yang said. "Uh, Well I was just- I had something in my eye and Weiss, being the good friend she is, was trying to see What it was." Drake assured.

"You two are So in love! Just this morning Drake said that he hoped his date would go Well, So that you two might be able to ki-" Nora was interrupted by Drake. "Kill some Grimm! I wanted to see your fighting style!" "He wanted to see a lot more, if you know What I mean." Yang teased. If she wasn't paying So much attention to making jokes, she would have noticed both Weiss and Drake's faces go redder than Ruby's cloak. "Uh, we- I should probably get back to my dorm. See you around, Weiss." Drake left in a hurry to get back to team JNPR's dorm.

"So, How big's his aura? Have you handled his sword yet?" Yang said, still poking fun at Weiss. "Shut up, Yang. You drove him away!" Weiss left, feeling frustrated, and went to find Drake. "What? It was just a joke. Don't be So sensitive!" Said Yang.

She found Drake walking to team JNPR's dorm. "Drake, wait!" "Hey Weiss." "Look Drake, I'm sorry about my idiot of a friend. She's just that kind of person, I guess. Do you maybe wan try to go somewhere tomorrow? I had a really good day with you today." "Sure, Weiss. Same time?" "Yeah."

Note - You know What they say about guys with big auras... They're useful in combat. I've definitely upped the word count. Hopefully soon I will get some proper character development for Drake. Enjoy the next part!