Chapter 4

Everyone were happy as they recently celebrated anniversaries of both Mukbhi and Aashveer and also celebrated Diwali in a grand way. And on the day of Aashveer's anniversary the naming ceremony of their baby was also done and the baby was named Ruhan. As decided name was kept by Mahira and our Manan. After everything now everyone were going back to their routine after a long holiday.

It was midnight and everyone were sleeping.

Manan's room at 2am.

As they were sleeping Nandini's phone rang waking her up. She saw the caller ID and frowned on seeing Abhi calling her. She picked up the call in hurry.

Nandini: Bhai is everything alright you called this late?

On hearing her voice Manik got up and looked at her.

Abhi: Nandu actually Amma(Nani) had a heart attack and her condition is critical.

Nandini: What? But how I just talked to her in evening.
She got numb on hearing the news looked at Manik and tears fell down from her eyes.

Seeing her crying Manik got tensed and took her phone and kept it on speaker.

Abhi: I know Nandu we also talked to her but now she is very serious and she is asking us to come and meet her. So we are leaving now on our jet.

Manik: Yes Abhi we are also coming with you.

Abhi: Ok Manik and please take care of Nandu.

Manik: Yes sure don't worry we will meet at airport and Abhi Stay strong.

Abhi:Hmm.

Nandini: Bhai please take care of Mumma.

Abhi: Yes babydoll and you too take care.

Nandini: Hmm.

Saying this they kept the call and Manik pulled her for a hug to which she couldn't control and started sobbing.

Manik: Shh Shona she will be ok and you have to stay strong for Maa right.

Nandini nodded in the hug.

Manik: Chalo get fresh we have to leave I will just inform Dad and come.

Nandini nodded and got up to get fresh. She got ready and packed some stuffs while Manik went to get fresh he also came back and both went down where Nyonica and Mahesh waiting for them.

Nyonica on seeing Nandini hugged her.

Nyonica: She will be fine bache Stay strong. We will come tomorrow to see her and take care of Ishita.

Nandini hugged her with tears. 

Mahesh to Manik: Take care of her and if you need any help call us.

Manik: Ok Dad. Chalo Nandini.

They booked a cab as it was night time. Soon they reached airport and as soon as Nandini saw her mother see went to her and hugged her which made both of them cry.

Nandini wiped her tears and said.

Nandini: Mumma she will be fine don't worry, stop crying your BP will become low.

Ishita: I don't know how this happened she was fine yesterday and was talking to everyone cheerfully.

Nandini: I know now come and don't stress yourself.

They all went and boarded the jet and within 2 hours they reached Manglore airport. Soon they booked the cab directly went to hospital.

After reaching the hospital Nandini went to coordinate with doctors and ask about the condition of her grandmother. While all the others stood outside the room. Nandini came out of doctors cabin and everyone bombarded with questions.

Raman: Just be calm everyone let her speak.

Nandini: Actually I talked to doctor and he is saying there is no improvement in her condition and they have to keep her in ICU.

Ishita listening this started crying and everyone got tensed hearing this.

Nandini: Mumma please stop crying you will worsen your health.
*to Abhi* Bhai please take Mumma and Dadda home.

Ishita: No I am staying here.

Nandini: No you are not and also there is no use only one of us can stay and I will stay for now you all go and if anything I will call. And Mumma please no crying.

Raman: Yes Nandu keep updating us.

Manik: I will stay with her.

Nandini: But only one of us can stay.

Manik: That okay I will stay outside the room.

Abhi: Call us if you need anything. I will come and stay for night.

Nandini nodded and everyone went. Nandini sat down and sighed.Manik sat down beside her and rubbed her arms. Whole day went like this with no improvement in Amma's condition at night Abhi came and stayed the night. Next day everyone came to visit her but they could not see her because she was kept in ICU. Nandini and Manik stayed back while all the others went back. In evening when Abhi came and Nandini, Manik were going suddenly there was rush of doctors and nurses in Amma's room making all of them tensed. Nandini was more tensed knowing how serious the condition is. Doctor came out.

Nandini: Doctor what is the condition?

Doctor: Sorry Dr. Nandini we could not save her. Her heart was already very weak when she was bought in. We tried our best. We are sorry for your loss.

Listening this all three of them started crying.

Nandini looked at Abhi and hugged him crying. Both of them hugged and cried in each others arms.

Manik came to them and said.

Manik: Guys you have to stay strong for Maa. Cry all you want here but be strong for her.

Nandini broke the hug and wiped her tears.

Manik: You both Ok?

Both of them nodded.

Manik: I will complete the formalities and come.

He gave a hug to Abhi and kissed Nandini on temple before going.

Abhi: We have to inform everyone.

Nandini nodded and both of them called everyone to inform.

They three of them went to Amma's home and saw her mother, Masi crying and all her cousins too crying. Nandini went and hugged her Mumma and Masi and consoled them.
After a while all of them prepared for the last rites. The body was bought home, everyone started coming and praying and the last the rites were completed.

They all were mourning and it was tough for Nandini as she was handling everything in hospital, she was consoling her mother and also taking care of everyone as well mourning her grandmother's death but Manik was supporting and handling throughout were she would go weak.
-----------------------------------------------------------