Chapter 8

After few hours

Manik was sitting on the chair beside Nandini and feeding her lunch while others just left for home promising to come back in evening. After both of them completed their lunch Doctor came with the test results.

Dr: Good afternoon Mr and Mrs Malhotra.

Manan: Good afternoon Doctor.

Dr: So I have got your reports Nandini and as I said it appendicitis.

Nandini: Ohh.

Manik: Is it serious and what is the treatment?

Dr: It is not a serious case and nothing to worry about just we have to operate as soon as possible and remove her apendix. As I said this is not something to worry about and there will be no other effects on her body. Just two days she will be under observation after her surgery and 2 weeks rest then she will be fit and fine like before.

Manik: Ok and about the surgery?

Dr: That we have to schedule as early as possible and it's just a small procedure. If you both are okay then we can schedule it for tomorrow morning. Today completely we will be checking her vitals.

Manik: Ok Thank you doctor.

Dr: It's okay Mr. Malhotra. The nurses will keep the record of her vitals in every few hours and the necessary instructions will be given that you strictly need to follow and also today she will be under pain killers. No solid food and no breakfast because we will operate her around 9 morning.

Manik: Sure Doctor. Thank you so much.

Dr: Take care both of you.

Nandini: Thank you doctor.

Doctor smiled and went back.

Manik just looked at Nandini and kissed her forehead.

Nandini: Mani see there is nothing to worry. Stop stressing yourself so much.

Manik: "hugging her" How can I Shona? You know you are my life. If something happens what will I do. Yesterday night I was so scared seeing you like that, it still haunts me.
I felt so so helpless that I could not do anything to ease your pain.

Nandini: Manik you know you are my strength and seeing you I get so much strength. There is nothing to feel helpless and see in a week I will be all healthy and till then Mr be ready to pamper your wife.

Manik: Always at your service madam. Your wish will be my command.

Nandini laughed and touched her forehead with him. Manik pecked her nose.

Suddenly the door opened and the great Cabir made entry.

Cabir:Hello lovebirds.

Manik closed his eyes and sighed. He shifted a little and made Nandini comfortable.

Manik: Cabir tu knock karke nahi aa sakta?

Cabir:Aur tu control nahi kar sakta. Hospital main bhi romance,thodi tho sharam kar.

Manik:Tu aaya kyu hai?

Cabir: Tujhse Milne tho nahi aaya hu main. Main apni behen se Milne aaya hu.

Manik: Tho kyu timepass kar raha hai mille Nandini se aur nikal ja.

Nandini: Manik don't be rude.

Cabir: Meri behna kaisi ho tum.

Nandini: I am fine Cabir.

Cabir: Oh if you are fine then you must be checking if the hospital beds are comfortable or not right?

Nandini: Stop being sarcastic Cabir.