Prologue

The story will start before you broke out of your cell

=================================

(Y/N Pov)

'I've always felt alone. My whole life. For as long as I can remember. I don't know if I like it or if I'm used to it, but I know this. being lonely does things to you. Feeling shit and bitter and angry all the time just... eats away at you...'

Despair.
It was all that I feel right now.
For God knows how long I've been stuck in this small cell, I couldn't scream- no. I couldn't even speak, to begin with.

Even if I tried my hardest to even utter a word... My mouth wouldn't open. Even when I hear HER music through this cell, this FUCKING cell, it wouldn't open, I can't tell her I hear her music through her gramophone.

I screamed in my mind. 'I hear it! G-God, Charlotte I hear it! Charlotte I hear it! I hear it Charlotte! God, how can I tell her I-I hear it?!'

But no matter how hard I struggled, no matter how hard l tried screaming for her.
My mouth wouldn't open. It. Wouldn't. Open.

I sat down in defeat, silently crying to myself as I listened to her music, I enjoyed every second of it. It sounded so beautiful and serene, yet solemn, and lonely.
I sat in silence listening to her music.

...

Until the music stopped.
I snapped out of my trance and jolted up, wondering what happened to Charlotte

...

Then a letter slides into my cell, it was from Charlotte.
I quickly ran to it and opened the letter.
"Could you hear it from up there? I had turned it up extra loud for you. There's no better time than these for a little music... And yes, I feel lonely."

'Charlotte... I-I heard your music... I-I love it Charlotte... I'm so s-sorry for leaving you like this...'

I read the next letter.
"Of course I could play the music again...
But is it worth it?
It'll never be the same magical moment again...
That one moment...
Between all the dreary ones...
This can't go on forever"

I got another letter from Charlotte.

"I don't even know how many people are dead... I am afraid to look, I can only see what is outside my window... And I see nothing but blood."

I stopped. My heart started to grow worried,
I calmed down and continued reading her letter.

"I think I am alone. Everyone... Is... Dead..."

'H-huh..?'
My skin went pale, I got dizzy, and was breathing heavily... But I recomposed myself and continued reading her letter.

"The city lights are going out...
The town has no electricity anymore. The only lights I see are coming from the prison."

I hesitated but continued reading the next letter.

"One more day...
Tomorrow evening...
Until then, you must come here.
I will wait here.
If you can't make it well...
...I fear this world has no place for me anymore.
I am awaiting your arrival.
Until then, here's a Blueberry Pie I made for you."

I opened the envelope and took the perfectly cut pie in the envelope, I don't know how she fit it inside but I didn't care about that anymore.
It was a Blueberry Pie with a perfectly round, bright red, juicy cherry on top.
I wanted to eat that pie, it looked so delicious.
But I only prayed for Charlotte's safety, I kept praying, praying, and praying. Hoping that she was happy and patient, hoping she would wait forever for me. I know l was being selfish.
But... I don't care. I want her to stay by my side forever.