Are you an Angel? or a Demon?

09:48 AM, SOMEWHERE IN THE DEAD TOWN

(Melantha Pov)

I was scared.. And nervous. Kal'tsit gave us a mission to investigate a dead town, she said that there is a Reunion base camp somewhere...

Uh oh... I-I think I see it..

"U-Uhm." I stuttered before continuing, "I-I think we're here..."

Cardigan nodded before replying, "Hooh, it's so empty..! Scary..." She does a little spooked face before smiling back,

"Don't worry Melantha! I'm sure there's no ghosts or anything!" She pats my back, "and I'm sure we can handle Reunion! If they are here..."

"B-But what if they're t-too strong..? What if we-" I was cut off by Ansel, "Calm down, Melantha. I'm sure we can do this mission easily, Kal'tsit trusted us in this one."
Melantha quickly closed her mouth before smiling, "I-I see... T-Thank you.."

Cardigan snickered, "Ara~? Is my friend Melantha flustered~?"
This quickly made Melantha blush, "N-No..! W-W-What do you mean by that?!"

(Author Pov)

"Well, there they go again..." Adnachiel sighed while facepalming, Steward nodded in agreement. Both Melantha and Cardigan were arguing, it wasn't a pleasant ride...

"Hey, Adnachiel..?" He looked at Ansel giving a 'what's up' face, "So... Why were we picked to go on this operation..?" Ansel asked Adnachiel, "Hmm... Melantha did say that the others were out on a mission... Especially Chernobog." Ansel hums, understanding what he meant.

Amiya and the rest of the picked Operators were on a mission to rescue the "Doctor" from Chernobog. He heard that the Doctor was a ruthless man that would do anything to win, He shivers at those thoughts...
Sacrificing others just to win...
The impression he gave disgusted him.

.

.

.

"Hey... Heeey.... Ansel...!" Adnachiel snaps his fingers in front of the medic operator, startling Ansel, "Were here y'know, you thinking about something..?" Adnachiel asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Ah.. No, I'm fine... My mind is just full of thoughts right now.." It was a half-lie and half-truth, Ansel was thinking about something... But it wasn't the best situation to talk about it right now.
"We should get going then, if you're really tired, we should finish this as soon as possible." Adnachiel said while pointing to his team. Already prepared and was waiting for him

"Alright, alright... I'll get ready.."

After a couple seconds, Ansel came out of the car, bringing his medical equipment and tools, "I'm sorry I took too long." Ansel said, walking to his team, he saw how dead the town was.

"Hey, Ansel! What took you so long!"

"Sorry, I was spaced out for a bit, I'm fine now." Ansel answered Cardigan, who nodded before going back to their leader

"A-Are you guys ready..?" Melantha asked nervously to her team

"Yes!" Her team said in unison, scaring Melantha for a second before starting their mission

"O-Oh...! A-Alright... Then... Let's g-go..."
they all started to walk into the dead town, already prepared for the worst... or the good.

(Y/N Pov)

'...'

'Ow....'

'What the fuck happened...?'