Chapter 12- of Vampires and Werewolves [part 3]

A/N: So sorry about being away for so long, guys! It's just been so busy lately, y'know? This is my last year of school and you know how messed up our country's education system is. *sighs* Now, here you go-

Bondita's POV:-

Faster than lightning, it barely took us seconds to reach the Merwick Mansion. Not minutes...but seconds. Who was this man? A witch in disguise? A magician from some foreign land? An alien? I know he's a vampire, but who the hell covers a distance of 50 kilometres in a few seconds?!

Before I could get over my second-hand existential crisis, a firm hand pulled me to the side of the road. "What are you doing?"

"You're asking me? Miss Bondita, I just saved you from being run over by a wild horse, and as far as I know, werewolves do not heal faster than your average human."

"You're right...but- I, I just don't understand...you're an Original?"

"Yes, Bondita, yes. How many times will I have to repeat myself? Moreover, aren't you running late for a meeting?"

Shoot. I had completely forgotten about Merwick. Only 5 minutes were left, and so I quickly made my way through the entrance without wasting a second. However, I felt like some ancient connection had been rekindled, between me...and Anirudh.

I felt like the growing distance between us was also ripping our souls apart, and not because he had just become my Rakshak Babu. I don't know why or how I was feeling so strangely for a man who was as strange to me as this newfound feeling. As if a canopy had finally opened its gate of nature to let some sunshine through. As if fresh air had filled a battle-worn lung. As if love had seeked out fated hope.

Anirudh's POV:-

The look she gave me, told me she knew...or rather, her heart knew. Trying to compose myself after this sudden encounter, I couldn't help but remember. Memories of old, of forgotten times...when things were simple. Uncomplicated. Bondita and I were so happy...

Flashback~

"Pati Babu! You're losing, hehe~" Bondita giggled, her laughter a flavour of pure caramel. She was winning the game of chess against her husband, for the umpteenth time. "Wait...how did you just- do that..."

This tussle of lawyer versus lawyer was the most interesting spectacle in the world. Just ask Kaka, he was right there, listening affectionately to the friendly banter going on. The old man was drinking from the very wine of life, seeing his nephew and daughter-in-law so happy.

A maharishi had visited their home a day ago, prophesising the doom of their bloodline on the 12th hour of the upcoming full-moon. Initially stressed by the words, Kaka had finally let go of his fear after seeing the couple's bliss. 'Just look at them, how could Bahu and Anirudh ever be unhappy?'

Unfortunately, fate's direction couldn't often be changed, and this was just the silence before the storm.

Flashback ends~

A/N: I know this chapter was short, but I want to really think over this plot before moving further. Also, let me know what you all think! Why is Bondita in Anirudh's flashbacks? Why is he sad? What happened? Will history repeat itself? Stay tuned to know more! And don't forget to like and comment! <3