Part 六

Espresso's Pov

I was looking through the internet on an old computer the apartment had.  Noticing a news article I check what it was about.  Hm....the new candy weapon....  Reading the full article I was quite fascinated by how someone was able to make such a thing.  I looked at the time.....12:00 AM....should I go to sleep?  I thought for a while and decided not to, opening more articles and websites.

------------------------------------------

"Mom?  When can I stop?"  The child whines.  "SILENCE Espresso you know that if you don't become strong you won't be able to protect your family, right?"  The lady said in a desperate, sweet tone and kneeled down looking face to face with the child.  The child looked at her before slowly going back to practicing his magic.  The lady smiled satisfied as she watches the child summon coffee beans and shot it at the targets.  

It slowly turned white as the child now appears to be younger but is happily running away from someone. 

 "Catch me if you can sis!"  The child laughs as a older female child runs after him.  "I'm gonna get you Espresso!"  Then the younger child trips over a stone.  "AAA-"  "WATCH OUT!"  The older child formed some foam out of nowhere saving the child.  "Are you ok, lil bro?"  The older female asked.  The child laughed as he gets out of the soft foam.  "Again! Again!"  The two siblings laugh as they play with the foam.       

------------------------------------------

I woke up to see my head laying on the paper work I was working on.  Lifting up my head I adjusted my glasses while looking at the time.  I sighed getting up from my desk opening my closet to look for a new outfit.  When opening the closet door I saw myself face to face.  [there is a mirror in the closet btw]  I froze as I saw myself and my cake eye......'Monster!'  'Look at him trying to make friends hah!'  Some voices started to appear in my mind.  Shaking my head the voices disappeared.  I covered the mirror with a cloth then taking out a new outfit.  Then closing the closet door.

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen turning on the coffee machine as it slowly dispenses the coffee into my cup.  Today was a Saturday.....

The coffee machine finished making the coffee and I took the cup and started drinking it.  I heard someone knock on my door.  Who could be here so early to just see me?  I thought as I walked up to the door using my hair to cover my cake eye then opening the door.  There stood Madeline smiling at me.  "What are you doing here?"  I ask him sipping my coffee while hoping he doesn't see my other eye since I didn't put my eye patch on.  "Americano my friend!  I decided to come over to hang out with you!"  Madeline said.  "How did you find my house?"  I asked not really happy that he was here.  "Latte gave me your adress!"  Of course Latte tells Madeline my apartment location.  "....Come in I suppose"  I opened the door to let him in.

Madeline sat down on the couch as I go to my room to quickly put on my eye patch.  Then sitting down next to him.  "Would you like any beverage?"  I asked.  "No thank you my friend."  Madeline declined.  We sat there in silence until....

"Say Americano where do you come from?"  Madeline said all of a sudden.  "Oh...uh....I come from a small town of coffee mages/users."  I lied.  "Oh can you tell me more about it?"  "I uh....maybe another time somethings are quite private."  I said nervously.  "O-oh I'm sorry its fine you don't have to!"  Madeline apologized.  We sat their in silence again.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Slowly forces myself to finish this part "Come on Hollow you son of a bi*ch FINISH THIS PART THEN YOU CAN GO BACK TO PERIOD CRAMPING >:(" I'm fine tho)

Madeline managed to drag me out of the apartment and now we are outside.  I sighed as he keeps his hand on my wrist trying to get me to smile for once.  "How about we go to the nearby café Americano?"  Madeline said happily.  I knew he wouldn't take no as an answer so I nodded, giving up.  He dragged me all the way to the café then dragging me in finding a table for us to sit.

We both ordered.  It seemed like Madeline was trying to think of a question to ask me.  I rolled my eye.  "I lost my eye due to a major attack against my village and some nearby cake hounds/monsters."  I said looking away at the window.  "Oh I'm sorry to hear that but did everyone survive?"  Madeline asked politely.  I nodded a yes [a lie btw].  "Everyone ended up surviving, I was taught to use my coffee magic to protect my village but I decided to move to the Crème Republic to teach students about coffee magic."  I started with my hair.  Madeline somehow seemed interested in my story.  "That's about it I suppose but how about your story?"   I asked curiously.  "Oh!  Well I was born in the Crème Republic actually!  My moms one of the most strongest and well know paladin around here.  I was trained hard to get up to her level and I am now currently a commander."  Madeline said smiling.  'He seems quite strong....maybe
...probability not'  I thought to himself.   

3rd Person's Pov

Espresso took a sip of his coffee as he listens to muffled talking from Madeline.  Madeline started warming up to Espresso in which he started talking more.  Espresso didn't enjoy Madeline's on going conversation so he decided to start thinking about future plans and about his mission.  'The magic candy was created by ------- a now well known scientist who is planning to use it to strengthen the security making it much harder to take hold of the Crème Republic'  Espresso remined himself of what he had learned so far in his mission/studies.  "Oh look at the time I must go now Americano!"  Madeline said so sudden that Espresso jumped a little.  "Oh alright...."  Madeline looked at Espresso a little concerned before shaking it off and saying goodbye to Espresso as he walks out of the café.  Now Espresso was alone still sitting on the chair as people talk around him.  He started feeling stress as the voices of the people around him slowly get louder.  As it continues he unknowingly was squeezing his coffee cup. 

He walked fast out if the café taking deep breathes.  Why all of a sudden he started feeling like this?  Why is he so nervous? 

A/N- aha I'm done- I'm tired-  Idk when I posted the last chapter but if it has been a while then I'm sorry.

1161 words
Published on- 11/28/22