Dauntless Manifesto

We believe that cowardice is to blame for the world's injustices.

I believe that cowardice creates fools.

We believe that peace is hard-won, that sometimes it is necessary to fight for peace. But more than that: we believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

Ordinary acts of bravery lead to ordinary people to think that they are more than ordinary.

We believe on acknowledging fear and the extent to which it rules us. We believe in facing that fear no matter what the cost to our comfort, our happiness, or even our sanity.

A guy faced his fear of heights straight on when I was four years old.......He ended up at the bottom of the chasm, his blood splattered on the rocks below and staining the water red for months.

We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves.

If my faction were an ounce of silent at any time of the day, I would be frightened. I would also be frightened the second one of them pointed a gun in defense of a stiff. Abnegation was the faction for selflessness. They would die if they were noticed for even a second.

We believe, not just in bold words but in bold deeds to match them. We believe that pain and death are better than cowardice and inaction because we believe in action.

Those who have a death wish within the Dauntless compound may throw themselves into the chasm. They are foolish and unworthy of being called Dauntless if alk they fight for is recognition and not reputation.

We do not believe in living comfortable lives. We do not believe silence is useful.

The Dauntless compound has no railing between the walkways and chasm. It does not have any railings whatsoever to prevent falling. Therefore, the Dauntless who are afraid of falling or afraid of heights must be forced to face their fear in an uncomfortable environment. Dauntless members let others know their opinion, even if it is harsh.

We do not believe in good manners.

You would understand this line if you saw how disgusting most men in Dauntless ate. We also are rude to other factions if it means defending our faction pride and gaining something else.

We do not believe in empty heads, empty mouths, or empty hands.

Anyone else confused about what this line means?

We do not believe that learning to master violence encourages unnecessary violence.

I wish this were true. The year after I passed initiation, Dauntless leaders changed the initiation plan and encouraged the initiates to be violent.

We do not believe that we should be allowed to stand idly by. We do not believe that any other virtue is more important than bravery.

Faction before blood.

✂✂✂✂✂✂✂

Hey, Guys!

I do not own any of the original Divergent characters! I just wanted to show you guys what it would be like if Tris and Fiur werent together! The Faction Manifesto above is from Dauntless, and it is Coraline (OC) that is commenting what she thinks as she reads it! Please read, vote, and comment! I appreciate it!