Drunken Fun

Cora's P.O.V.

"Please don't punish Four. He didn't have anything to do with what I did." I whispered.

Max sighed and laid his hand on my head.

"Coraline, please be careful. You're going to be in big trouble if this happens again." He said.

Four looked confused. I smiled as Max stood up.

"Max is the one who relocated me when my parents died. I've known Max for years. He told me that I can be a spy for him, so I lived with the Candor." I explained.

"You grew rather quickly. When Four asked me if you could be trained with the Dauntless-born, I didn't know it was you." Max said.

"I'm seventeen now, Max. Today's my birthday."

"That's right! I have a gift for you!"

He went to his desk and opened a drawer. He pulled out a black instrument case and placed it on his desk. He turned it toward me and opened it.

"A....violin?" I whispered, walking up to his desk and running my hand over the instrument.

"Your Candor family told me you had a talent for this."

I lifted the instrument from the case and took a closer look. It was pitch black, and a red Dauntless emblem was painted on its face. I flipped it over to see my name written in a beautiful cursive.

"Thank you, Max." I whispered.

"Play something for us." He smiled.

I took the bow, held it to the strings, and played a song I had learned years ago. The sound echoed out of the room, and soon the entire faction was outside of Max's office.

~~~

I clapped my hands as my friends danced like idiots. Some of us were completely drunk even though we were underage. I wasn't exactly drunk, but I had been drinking.

"Hey! Initiates! What the hell are you doing here?" Lauren yelled.

"Having fun. What's it look like?" I replied.

"Who gave you the courage to talk back, Runt?"

"It's my birthday. Let us have some fun. Four surely is. He even drank a few with us."

"You're Redder, aren't you? Max's success story?"

"Coraline Redder. I go by Cora now."

She hesitated before she grabbed a drink. I smiled as she disappeared into the crowd of initiates.

"Cora!" A slurred voice yelled.

I laid back on the table I was sitting on to see Four standing on the other side. His cheeks were red.

"Hiya, Four. How's it going?" I asked.

"I have a secret." He chuckled.

"I fear it may not be a secret in the next few seconds."

"I like you~"

"You're drunk, Four. Go home."

"Even if I was sober, I'd still say that."

"Sure you would. Go get some sleep. You'll have a killer hangover tomorrow."