𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

the fall of octo valley
─────

A YOUNG OCTOLING GIRL wearing a long white nightgown dress stood outside on the balcony, watching her grandfather, DJ Octavio lose to the inkling named Agent 3. The girl winced every time her grandfather would throw the mech's fist at the inkling, only for them to cover the fist with lime green ink, gladly throwing the fist back at him.

While this fight was happening, a beautiful melody echoed through the area.

Ya weni marei mirekyaranire
Juri yu mirekerason
Kire hyari yoriherahe nyurahera
Nunnyura unera yurawera nyimerani

The music quickly touched the octolings soul, changing many of their main goals.

"Sophia!"

A voice called out the girl's name. She turned around to see one of the elites, Jenna, rushing to her.

"..Yes?" Sophia asked, giving one last glance at the fight that she's been observing.

"We need to go now," Jenna exclaimed, "There's no way Octavio's going to win. Our home is going to collapse!"

Sophia looked up at the elite octoling with a puzzled expression. She was going to question Jenna what she meant but was quickly cut off abruptly by the ground rumbling violently. Sophia grabbed onto the closet thing near her to keep her balance.

Soon the rumbling came to an end. The only thing that could be heard was the sweet melody playing along with the sound of Octavio's mech battling out with inkling and metal crashing down.

Jenna quickly took this opportunity to grab Sophia swiftly by the wrist and ran out of the mansion. They had no power; everyone was running, trying to find somewhere to hide from the multiple metal beams plunging into the ground. There could be screams from the train as it broke off from the tracks, falling deep void.

Even the shock of witnessing what happened, the two octolings continued running until they reached a safe area.

Sophia frowned at the sight of the remaining survivors, the numbers weren't small, but at the same time, there wasn't a lot.

"What happened?" An octoling from the great weaponry crew questioned.

"Did our home just collapse?" Another asked.

This caused everyone to whisper to each other; some just cried silently, and others just stared blankly, with no shine in their eyes whatsoever. It was like they excepted how things were.

Sophia bit her lip, unsure with to say. The whisper did not help either; the words they were saying just kept intruding on her thoughts.

"Silence, you rats!"

The whispers quickly came to an end. Everyone looked at the elite octoling leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. It was Carlos, one of the elites rookies who wouldn't want to mess with.

Carlos noticed everyone's eyes on him and 'tsked, pushing himself off the wall and walking toward Sophia. "Sophia has something to say to you all. Now be quiet." His voice was filled with annoyance. Carlos added his cold glare to the crowd, causing them to shiver.

"Uh, um," Sophia glanced down at her feet. It was the first time she spoke in front of a crowd. The eyes on her scared her. But she couldn't let them stop her from speaking; these were her people, and they needed to know what had happened.

Sophia cleared her throat, looking back at the crowd, "...I wished my grandfather had told you all more details about our power system. Our power system is weak, and it's been weak since the Great Turf War. We've been trying throughout the years to improve the system. But the more buildings and machinery we make, our power system gets weaker. That's why my grandfather, Octavio, took the Great Zapfish. It seems it's been taken back because of what happened to our home."

Many gasps could be heard after Sophia had got done speaking.

"..So those on the train?" An octoling ask, eyes shaking, holding back tears.

Sophia only looked down at her feet once more and shook her head.

A commander quickly took over after noticing the state Sophia was in, "Ahem, now, are all the elites here?"

All the elite lined up next to each other, standing up straight. Their badges on the gears glimmered, and the seaweed headpiece waved letting others now they're elites of the Octarian Army.

Sophia quietly counted them, "Eilish, Lela, Jenna, Kira, Milo, Lee, Carlos.." Sophia trailed off when she noticed a well know elite were missing.

The commander noticed her silence, "Why, Miss Sophia is there something wrong?" He asked her, with concern written on his face.

"Lillian," Sophia muttered, in the corner of her eye, Sophia swore she almost saw Lee break down in tears.

"She's missing." Sophia's lips quivered, trying to hold back tears.

...
...
...

There was silence before everyone started to sing a ancient Octarian song. It was to give their respect to those that had passed. Soon everyone came together and sang along, crying.

The Collapse of Octo Valley will not be forgotten.

─────
a/n: i hope this made you sad/hj
this is actually one of my old stories that i unpublish on my og account
rewriting for the fun of it:)