𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜

chp. 2
the friendly inkling
─────

AS THE SMALL GROUP OF OCTOLINGS walked around to leave Octo Valley, they came to a halt when they saw two female inklings standing in front of a cabin.

The girls looked around the age of 17, one looked carefree with a big grin on her face while the other looked more relaxed.

The octolings hid behind the cabin, not wanting to interact with the inklings, afraid of what the outcome would be if the girls saw them.

"Gramps!" The girl with long shiny black tentacles and colored tips exclaimed. She wore a white shirt and some simple black shorts, with an open pink cardigan over her shirt, along with some light brown ankle boots. Lastly, she wore a pink beanie with a star on the side, wearing sunglasses with it, covering her eyes.

"Where are you?!" She exclaimed again before the other inkling hushed her.

"Callie quiet down." Said the inkling in green.

'Callie' sighed, looking around the cabin, "Also, where's Agent 3, haven't seen him around."

"Perhaps both Gramps and 3's whereabouts have to do something with this letter." The girl in the green said, holding up a letter.

"Lemme, see Marie!"

'Marie' handed the letter to 'Callie', allowing her to read the paper their grandfather has left for the two.

'Dear, Callie and Marie,

Me and Agent 3 went out to patrol Octo Valley, we'll be back around midnight!'

-Love,
Gramps'

Callie set down the letter down on the table in front of the cabin, looking over at Marie, "Now that we know about where both Gramps and 3 are, let's go eat, I'm starving!" Callie exclaimed as her stomach growled at the mention of food.

Marie chuckled at Callie, who was scratching the nape of her neck.

"Come, let's go. It's on me this time." Marie said, turning her heel, making her way over towards the manhole.

"Really?! Let's get pineapple pizza then!" Callie skipped after Marie with a big grinned on her face.

"Absolutely not, we had pizza two days ago and there's still leftovers that you'd eat." Marie replied, turning into her squid form and going inside the manhole.

The group of octolings noticed the two girls had left, the octolings quickly came out their hiding spots and walked over towards the manhole.

"Carlos, what time is it?" Jenna asked, looking back over to the tall octoling.

Carlos glanced down at his watch, "Around 10:30."

Jenna smiled to herself making her way over towards the manhole that the two girls went through.

"Great, that means less inklings will be around to spot us."

Jenna was about to transform into her octo form but Lela started to yell at her to stop.

"JENNA WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S OUT THERE!" Lela shouted, her voice could echo around the valley.