Chapter 14- "Family"

Adira's POV:

I stared at the black pendant with my older brother's name as I frown. I can still remember the murder Claude committed in the ruby palace, I thank the god I wasn't sent to live there.I can still hear the screams of agony while being taken away by my mother's servants leaving my brother to grief, my fake mother's blood splashed into his hair and clothing. It was a bad idea indeed of my mom to come back and try to gain the emperor's favor again using us as a tool for her to be an empress.

I was sent away before he got the title as a crown prince, he worked hard for it to make that woman proud. It was pathetic but I understood him because she's the only one who showed us affection but it was only when she needed something from us. I was fooled too.

My thoughts were interrupted by a glowing color from the pendant. It was blue..? I watched as the black void like pendant turned into a jeweled shining blue like sapphire.

Amazing.. I thought. It was mixed with royal magic. The only possiblity of this is his magic is left somewhere on his jewelry, crown, room? But.. he could be alive too perhaps. I don't believe a word the cruel emperor said. Although I don't wanna hope.