Silver Tongue

“I’m sorry, but did I or did I not just give you back to the love of your life?”

Mobius hasn’t even had his first coffee of the day yet, and while time technically doesn’t exist here in the TVA, it’s still relative; still exists in his mind and body. (Which means it’s far too early to deal with the God of Mischief’s shit spewing from his ‘silver tongue.’)

“You did.” Loki nods, shoots him a small, but grateful smile. “And I will be forever in your debt, but –“

But you want me to let you slip over to one of the Ragnarok timelines just so you can push the Hulk off of the Bifröst?” Mobius halts just outside of the staff kitchen, turns to arch a brow at the Asgardian.

Loki smiles gleefully. “Exactly.”

“Oh, OK.” Mobius shoots him a brief smile before scolding him with a firm, “No.”

Loki’s shoulders sag as he lets out a defeated huff. “You really are no fun.”

Mobius continues into the kitchen, nods back to the two guards that bow their own heads in respect before going back to their coffee and conversation. He hears Loki follow him over to the coffee machine, busies himself with setting up his mug and tea spoon. “Haven’t you had enough fun for a little while?” He asks with a small knowing smirk as he pours out his coffee.

“What?” Loki wears a confused frown.

Mobius, too, looks a little confused as he turns to face Loki. “You and your lady didn’t.. y’know...?” He gives an awkward shrug even though he’s smiling amusedly.

Loki shoots him a withering look. “No. Actually, our reunion was a rather painful one.” But beautiful, just like Thor (he leaves that part out, because Mobius already teases him far too much about this.)

“And I’m the one who’s no fun.” Mobius chuckles, turns to swipe up his coffee, grins around the rim of the mug as he takes a few dainty sips.

Loki narrows his eyes, watches his friend with suspicion, slowly coming to the realisation on his own. “Wait a second...” His eyes narrow the more those grey-blue eyes twinkle back at him. “Is that what you sent me back for? For a booty call?”

Mobius almost chokes on his coffee as he laughs. “I wasn’t aware you knew what a booty call is. Or a booty, for that matter. That’s hilarious.” He grins as he lifts the mug to his lips again.

Loki only glares back as he crosses his arms over his chest.

Mobius sighs, rolls his eyes and says, “Of course I didn’t just send you back to get laid. I meant it when I said you’ve earned this.” He grins again, though, is looking more fondly at his friend as he tells him, “When I asked you what you wanted, you told me what you’ve always wanted is what you could never have nor did you ever deserve. And to be honest, for a moment there, I really thought you were just gonna disappear with Sylvie.” His grin widens. “But you didn’t. And that’s when I knew. What you really wanted. Who you really wanted.”

Loki considers his words for a moment, knows them to be true after getting the chance to see her again. “I love Sylvie, but..” His entire body tightens so wonderfully with the admission on the tip of this tongue. “Thor has always been my entire world... has always been my greatest distraction.”