Darling Loki

“Hey, I gave you a month off. What’re you doing back already?”

Mobius looks so cheerful and yet so worried for him that Loki almost feels bad for crushing his obvious (and weird) investment in Loki and Thor’s... relationship.

“I’m sorry – you did what?” Mobius turns, abandons his fresh coffee altogether, slides into the seat at the staff breakfast table opposite Loki.

Loki huffs as he leans back in his seat and glares down at his glass of water (now turned ice after his little meltdown... Ironically.) “I chickened out. Yes, I know I’m a coward. Please don’t rub it in.”

“When I actually want drama from you, you cop out on me.” Mobius tuts with a teasing smirk. He sighs, relents when Loki turns his rather pathetic little glare/sulk on him. “Isn’t this a good thing?” He smiles brightly. “She wanted to kiss you. At least now you know you two are on the same page.”

“And what if the other Loki wasn’t on the same page?”

Mobius almost scoffs at that, but notices the dim look in Loki’s eyes. Instead, his smile widens as he says, “I saw the other you’s life, same as you did. I think you know that wasn’t the case.”

Exactly.” Loki tries not to look so miserable – not when he’s practically been handed everything he ever wanted; Thor.

Ohh.” Mobius sings his realisation. “You think you’re getting in the way of what could have been between them?” He nods when Loki’s silence answers for them both. “Maybe you are, maybe you aren’t. It’s hard to tell with more than just The Sacred Timeline anymore. But it’s not like you’re a totally different Loki from a totally different universe. You’re still her Loki. And besides, don’t you think Thor deserves to choose for herself?”

“Yes, you’re right.” Loki huffs out a laugh, shoots his dear friend a playful glare. “I hate you when you’re right.”

This time, Mobius does scoff, even looks slightly upset. “But that means you hate me all the time...”

“And that shows how very vain you are, my friend.” Loki chirps with a small smirk.

“Coming from you, that means absolutely nothing.” Mobius snorts out as he rises to fetch his almost forgotten coffee. “Damn it.” He tuts when he tastes the horrid lukewarm liquid, quickly shoves it into the microwave for 30 seconds. He turns to Loki as he waits. “So, what happened then?” He chuckles at the silence that follows. “Oh, please don’t tell me you just left her sitting on that cliff alone again, and oh, my gosh, you totally just left her sitting on that cliff alone again. Loki!

“I know!” Loki whines as Mobius angrily scolds him.

“Get your ass back to her, right now! That’s an order!” Mobius points down at the floor between them.

OK!” Loki hasn’t felt this scolded since his days with his mother. (Odin would always skip scolding and go straight to fury. And Thor – well, she is just too sweet to ever stay mad at him.)

Where are you going?!” Mobius snaps when Loki rises from his seat and makes his way towards the door.

Loki freezes, turns back to him with a wide eyed look of confusion. “I... You said –“

“I wanna see you go to her, you little snake.” Mobius tells him through a low and firm tone, eyes narrowing. “No more running – sorry – slithering away. You want her. She wants you. Stop being a little man bitch about it. You’re supposed to be a god, for crying out loud. Start acting like it. Remember when you used actually act like it? Just do what you did back then, but with like, 40% less of the narcissistic asshole part...”