chapter I: a new year.

September 1st-2014.

My name is y/n Sugawara, I'm a student at Karasuno high, currently part of the girls' volleyball tea, I happily recall all the time I used to spend practicing along my brother, but really things have changed once he started to play more and more with the team. 

Lately were not even talking anymore, just good morning or good night, I'm sad to see this sudden distancing between him and I...it hurts my heart, I miss his warm hugs, his little cuddles whenever he was scared of the night storm, his little pouts whenever I was sad and he had to make me happy so instead he was sad with me.

September 5th –2014.

The day has finally come, we are back in classes after the summer break, I missed all my friends, it's been 3 lonely months of only being on call and texts with the people I would laugh and joke around all day on the training field. Like always this morning Koshi ignored me completely, too excited to be back with the team again, I don’t even know why I keep writing about him in my journal, my friends say it’sa way of expressing the much love I hold for him in my heart and how much I keep missing him when he pretends, I don’t exist anymore, I just hope he didn’t forget about all the times I was there for him whenever he needed me... pushing everything else aside, I'm really excited as I heard there are new first years joining, I hope there will be some cute boys!! Yeah, you could call me obsessed over boys, but please don’t judge! I just want someone who would love me now that my brother kind of stopped Hehe.

On the way to school, Sugawara was ignoring his sister once again like usual, until they arrived at the gate of the school where he gently hugged her and wished her luck with a very warm and beautiful smile, she hasn’t seen in so long so close to her, this made her smile and she immediately knew this day was going to be amazing. Immediately while walking in the school, she noticed a rather short ginger boy, she isn't the tallest either, but maybe a few inches shorter than him. ” hello! I'm Shoyo, Shoyo Hinata, I seem to be quite lost, could you please guide me towards the classroom for the first years?” she looked at him with a small blush, it’s the first time she's ever asked to show someone around,” of course, please follow me!” she said with a bright smile.
   After gladly leading the boy towards his classroom, y/n walked towards the class of her own where she was awaited by her childhood best friend Yuki, which looked more than ready to tease the fuck out of her.” so, ginger heads Ey sweetie!” Yuki teased the short blonde girl.” if you dare tease me one more time, be prepared to lose your fucking legs.” the blond replied with a sadistic smile which scared the poor boy sitting beside her. ” I'm sorry Sugawara-Chan, I get carried away with my teasing.” the blonde girl couldn’t stay angry at all at this small and adorable little bean that always apologized when noticing how angry and cute at the same time she could get. ” forgiven, humph” the blonde looked at the ground and acted like her usual Tsundere attitude. As the two best friends were chatting together, the teacher had walked in and starting welcoming the students into the second year at Karasuno high.

-SMALL TIME SKIP TOWARDS LUNCH-TIME-

I finally find the time to once again write into my journal, finally after a whole year of being ignored by my older brother Koshi, he smiled to me which brought happiness to my dim lit heart, I also met this boy, Shoyo, Hes rather short but, really cute, though I'm unsure if he is into nerds like me. All I rather know right now is that he plans to try to join the volleyball team, good luck with that, no offense about his height but he doesn’t look like he could be the best volleyball player as he told me he dreams to be once he grows up.

   Lost in thought as she carefully scribbles all the words in her head in her little journal which also holds as a diary the young blonde doesn’t notice the ginger boy, she met in the morning standing behind her reading through the lines. He gently pats her shoulder and she gets really startled.” AHHHH! PLEASE DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!” the young blonde shouted at the top of her lungs. ”I apologize Sugawara-Chan, I just noticed you were writing about a boy so I kind of wanted to know what you are up to! I apologize for invading your personal space and privacy.” the ginger bowed as an apology in front of the girl.

When the girl was least expecting,a little black figure sneaked up behind her and pulled her in a bear hug which she was struggling while laughing to escape from, "SUGAA!! LET ME GOO!!" the girl was laughing and screaming. "NU!" the boy's tight little hug got even mor tighter than before and the girl kept struggling, it was the first time in so long that she felt one of his sweet hugs, it was a moment she didn't want to stop but even so she wanted to breathe normally.You could maybe say that Sugawara ignored his little sister because of the team, but the real reason he did was because he was scared, scared he will hurt her like the time they we're younger.

~FLASHBACK~

"PASS TO ME SUGAA!" little Y/n yelled, sweetly cooing for her brother to pass the ball to her so she can play volleyball with him too."Are you sure? You don't know how to play and I'm scared you'll get hurt!" Young Sugawara said, gently worrying for his sisters well being. "Don't worry!! I'll be okay!! You're here right?" She smiled sweetly and looked in his eyes with her sweet and happy, glowy eyes. With the much force he had, he set the ball than passed as hard as he could to the little blonde.

Then suddenly....It all went black....

Last thing i felt was a sharp pain, until......nothing bothered me no longer. I woke after what felt like minutes, about to find out...it had been 2 years...Sugawara was standing there, right beside my bed, crying and begging me to open my eyes, and i did...the moment i did he hugged me,before slowly....leaving ....

Was this all....a dream....have i really been...in a coma? I was needing explanation. Slowly i recalled the incident that occured that day, in the moment he passed to me with all his force, the ball was so fast i didn't have time to react before it hit me in the face and i stumbled back and fell, hitting my head very hard on the pavement, the sharp pain... was my skull cracking. Guess in that moment i had slipped in a coma...which still haunts me to this day.

_________

I apologize everyone,this is all i have time for right now, see you all in chapter 2 with how Hinata and Y/N slowly start getting feelings for one another.