"Sparring" - Chapter Seven

Since nobody, yes not even a single person, commented last chapter that means that none of you have the right to be mad about the decision made.
Still I hope you have fun reading.
See you at the end of the chapter.
______________________________________

PoV: Reader

"I guess I'll choose the old one..?" I responded hesitantly.
Excitement spread through me at the possibility to regain some of my still lost memories.
I watched my new, or old..?, boss nod at my reply.

"Good. Then come and follow me, child."
Normally I would have been angry if somebody called me that, but it felt weirdly familiar when he did it..
Almost comforting.

"Yes Sir.." I mumbled and followed him as he led me up the staircase and down the hall, just so we could go up another staircase.
At the end of this hallway we stopped by the very last door.
It was a huge, deep blue door, a bright yellow "KEEP OUT!!" sign hanging from it's handle.

"Go on inside, child."
He said, his voice weirdly soft, as if he was in distant memories.
With hesitant movements I reached for the door handle, a strange sense of deja-vu running down my spine in shivers.
The door opened with a creek as I carefully pushed it open.
I took in a deep breath as I saw the soft light falling through the door.
With another deep breath I pushed the door open further and took a step inside, immediately freezing.
Infront of me was a room at least twice the size of Clockworks room, dark, black curtains covering the huge and old looking windows, only letting in a small sliver of light.
Following the light I saw a huge bed with an ebony wooden bedframe, very dark purple and blue tones decorated the almost see through curtains hanging from the bedframe, paired with subtle hints of metallic glitter in them.
They looked as if somebody pulled a piece of space down just to have the perfectly designed curtains.
There were little skulls and other sculptures in the wood, the top of the bedframe, the part holding the curtains, decorated with real bones and crystals in dark colors.
The blankets looking suspiciously comfortable in a satin black color, a small skull design running along the egdes like a frame.
Next my gaze fell onto the huge closet, also ebony wood, in the corner of the room.
Some decoration was spread throughout the room and the walls were a dark grey color with dark violet and midnight blue swirls as well as a few golden specks, perfectly accentuating the giant and very expensive looking, old, crystalline chandelier.
The light from the window reflected wildly off the dusty chandelier and covered the room in an entrancing aesthetic.
Finally snapping out of my trance like state I managed to step towards the wall opposite the royal bed, a huge desk, the same expensive and exquisite look to it like the rest of the room, and a huge assortment of all kinds of weapons that were covering the wall like simple posters.
Deeply in thought I let my fingers drift over the smooth wood of the table, whirling up a little bit of dust in the process.
My eyes flickered beween the elegant weapons.
Goosebumps ran all over my body as my eyes fell on a mask that hung perfectly in the middle of the weaponry covered wall.
It was a simple, deep black leather gas mask with a few steam punky accents to it.
Like out of reflex I watched my hand reach up and brush against the leather of the mask, the strangely enough still soft leather feeling comforting under my fingertips.
The detailing feeling familiar.
A soft gasp left my mouth as flashes of memories filled the black void of amnesia in my mind.

A snowy day with this mask in my hands...

Soft laughter filling my ears as I saw myself and somebody else sitting on my bed, wrapped in those comfortable blankets...

Dinner with a small group of people at the table downstairs...

My hands slowly pulling off the mask covering my face so a figure with a blue mask could see the bright smile on my face...