[Claypollier] - [angst to fluff] "To see you open your eyes again"

"Back at it again at krispy kreme-"

So im kinda obsessed w/ these 3 and I thirst for content of them together

I wrote this on impulse as I do with most things I create in general

But basically the plot of this oneshot is, what if Clay survived the phantom attempting to murder him, but is now in a coma instead. Prior to all of this, Clay, Apollo, and Klavier were all dating- So Apollo and Klav go to visit Clay in the hospital before going to investigate what happened to their poor boyfriend.

also this prolly has spelling mistakes, and definetely spoilers for dual destinies.

Also also i forgot most of the smaller details and shit about DD, though I remember the ending and some of the cases before-

anyway, Enjoy

Apollo paced nervously outside of the white doors that led to the room his partner is in, overcome with worry for Clay. He muttered to himself over and over: "I'm fine, He'll be fine." Klavier frowned deeply, arms crossed as he leaned against the wall that the ominous door was attached to. He too was worrying incredibly, but how could one not if they had just 6 or so minutes ago gotten the news their boyfriend was in the hospital because he was nearly killed. Apollo and Klav were the first ones to be told after Clay's father, being they were his lovers, of course.

Soon one of the doors slid open, a doctor stepping out with a serious expression. Apollo stopped in his tracks, as both the brunette's and the blonde's attentions were immediately directed that way. "I have good news, and bad news." the doctor stated, as the 2 men she was speaking to tensed a bit at her words. "The good news, is that he survived the attack. The stab wound in his chest wasn't deep enough to instantly kill him, and it luckily missed his vitals." The doctor continued as both silently listened, feeling a bit relieved. There was still the bad news, however. "The bad news... Is that he's fallen into a coma from shock and head trauma."

Klavier and Apollo froze, staring at the doctor in shocked silence for a moment. Klavier broke the unnerving silence, asking "Do you know if he'll wake up any time soon...?"

The doctor shook her head sadly. "No. I'm afraid there is no telling when he'll wake up, or if he ever will in the first place." The two men continued to stare in disbelief. 'there is no telling when he'll wake up, or if he ever will in the first place'? This can't be happening. This has to be a sick joke, The two thought. He has to wake up at some point, it'd almost be the same as if he did die instead if he never wakes up. "... If you'd like, you two can go in and see him." The doctor suggested, moving out of the way so the two men in front of her could come in. Apollo and Klavier immediately walked inside, looking to the left to see Clay, in the hospital bed.

He was laying down, head propped up on a pillow as the bedsheets were pulled up to just below his chest. His hands were resting over the blanket, and he was breathing subtlety and slowly. As if he were merely sleeping for a brief period of time... Just like when he'd nap with his head rested on Apollo's lap. He often did this when he had a rough day, and needed to recharge mentally and physically. But unlike those times, Clay wouldn't be waking up with a smile as he leaned upwards to kiss Apollo's jaw. He wouldn't be waking up for a while... Or maybe... he would never wake up again...

Apollo snapped back to reality as he felt Klavier pull him close and envelop him in a tight hug, rythimaclly petting Apollo's messy unkempt hair -that he had no time to do in his hurry to the hospital- to soothe him. Apollo reciprocated the hug, burying his face in Klavier's chest. "It's... It's going to be ok, schatz. I'm sure Clay will wake up some time soon... He has to. He just can't- He just can't leave us so abruptly..." You could hear the pain and worry in Klavier's voice, sounding like he was choking back tears. Apollo himself was trying not to cry, to be strong in this moment... But it was just so late at night, and he was so tired, worried, angry, sad and distraught... He couldn't stop the tears that dripped from his eyes. Klavier couldn't keep his tears at bay either, and cried with his lover.