13 | Board of Directors

*This part is concerning the appearance of Barbatos and Yuu

     "You shouldn't have done that, Barbatos," Crowley told him. He merely gave a small chuckle of delight, "It's a pity that you're on the brink of expelling them. I thought you're gracious, Headmaster." He said.

     "They've destroyed one of the school replicas, it's not easy to forgive them for doing such a thing," the Headmaster explained. "You do have a point, but it's best to give them a punishment that's not related to expelling. After all, they're selected by the Dark Mirror, it's a pity to expel such potential magicians as them." (Name) said.

     "Headmaster, hello," Crewel appeared. "I have heard the chandelier was destroyed by the ghosts. Are you planning to expel the misbehaving puppies? If so, let me do the job. I'll make sure they won't forget my scolding." He assured.

     "No need to, Professor Crewel," Crowley stated. "Barbatos-san here has given me the idea of giving them a second chance. They're probably inside a mine now, getting a replacement for the magical crystal of the chandelier. If they won't get any magical crystals before dusk, I'll have them expelled."

     "Ms. Barbatos, you mean?" Crewel was looking at the male (Name), who seem to be calm. "Diasomnia students sure are fascinating with their advanced magic. You should keep that form if you're in front of the public eye, so the reputation of Night Raven College being a boys' school won't tarnish in any way possible," he told the demoness.

     "I'm planning to, don't worry much," he assured, bowing in front of Crewel. (Name) smiled at the Professor, "It's an embarrassment if a girl is found to be lurking inside a prestigious boys' school by the public eye. People will call this school a lot of unpleasant names, too."

For the first time, (Name)'s expression into a wary one because of how he's unfamiliar with this world. If it functions like how it is in his realm, maybe he'll have the advantage to manipulate things around him by using strategies...

As Crewel left the two alone, the Headmaster immediately changed directions. Direction going to his office, I must say the hallways are quiet since everyone has returned to their respective dorms...

     "Would you like tea, Headmaster?" (Name) offer as they walked towards his office. The Headmaster raised his eyebrow when he looked at the demon's hand holding a teacup and teapot, "I still ask myself how you get that out of nowhere."

     (Name) merely laughed, amused by the Headmaster's reaction, "It's a secret of mine, sir. I'm afraid I couldn't tell you but do accept this tea to calm yourself." He said, handing the teacup to the principal.

Entering the Headmaster's office, Crowley pulled a chair for the butler to sit. He seems to take a pile of papers from his cabinet, earning questioning glares from the demon. He doesn't seem to feel anything bad at the moment, so the papers must have been something related to the expulsion...

     "The board directors contacted me earlier this morning. Your selection isn't a mistake after all, but you're considered a special case somehow," Crowley told him as he sat on his chair. Facing the demon, he continued, "However, they said they sent a letter to your world. You don't know the letter I'm talking about, right?"

     "A letter, you say? The Prince of Devildom has prohibited everyone to send unnecessary letters to the castle," (Name) explained. "He must've thrown the letter away, thinking it was unnecessary. It's truly a surprise why I got here, considering I'm a woman."

     "As I said, you're a special case. The board directors didn't tell me why you're a special case, yet all I can say is be careful. You're the only woman in this school, the public eye shall set sights on you soon," Crowley warned. "Since your magic is said to be disoriented by the carriage that brought you here, make sure to be prepared at all costs."

     (Name) nodded, "Understood, Headmaster." He said. "In Yuu's case, they didn't tell me why he's here despite being selected. I did ask about him being a special case, yet they won't tell me any details than the Dark Mirror brought him here." The Principal added.

     Barbatos raised his eyebrow, "Well isn't that peculiar? Do you have any ideas about why the board of directors won't tell you anything about it?" He asked. Crowley shook his head in dismay, "I'm afraid not. I'm confused why Yuu is here too, except for the fact he can tame beasts such as Grim himself."

Barbatos knew something fishy is going in within the board of directors. Crowley seems to be telling the truth because of how serious he looks and how he delivers what he told to him. Something's missing though, why would someone take a person or rather demon from another world? Do they have ulterior motives of any sort?

     "Tell me, Headmaster. What did the board directors tell you when Yuu was selected again? I think you've missed telling me something," (Name) stated, looking at the Headmaster. "Ah yes, they did say to get rid of him. As the Headmaster, it's very inhumane to do so and according to him, he's not from here. He'll never survive in this world because he's not a natural-born magician."

     "Get rid of him..." (Name) murmured. "How suspicious," he added. In any case, he became more worried about the human he have a pact with.

Seems like it's gonna be an eventful year for Barbatos. He knows that Yuu's surprise selection isn't any kind of coincidence, something is wrong with the world he's in now...

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)