E/3 | Consequences

*Luke, the precious child of Mother (Name)

- Courtyard -

     "Do you want to destroy the whole campus?!" Crowley yelled. "I'll gladly do it for the sake of (Name)!" Luke shouted back, slapping the Headmaster with the grimoire.

     The Headmaster glared at the students, "All of you! How dare you abandon (Name) because of a simple grudge and past mistakes she did?! I'm sure she did for the sake of this school and its neatness since all of you are being disobedient!" He scolded. Everyone tensed from the Headmaster's scolding since he called them out after all the demon's sacrifices just to fix this ruined school.

Technically, the therapist of this school is full of mentally ill children and the one who disciplines them until they realize they're on the wrong side. Yes, they appreciate (Name)'s help, but they don't seem to stand a chance against ghosts that can revive...

     "If you're gonna gaslight us, you won't be able to convince-"

     The Headmaster snapped his fingers, making Yuu and Grim get their flashlights to point at Ace, "Wait! What are you guys doing?!" The salmon-haired demanded, blocking his eyes from the flashing lights. The Headmaster pushed the microphone toward Ace's mouth, "Greetings, I'm a TBC reporter! Are you a student from Night Raven College?" He asked.

     "Damn, Headmaster! You're invading my personal space!" Ace yelled, pushing the microphone. The Headmaster continued, "Is it true the royal ghosts have taken your campus hostage? Please give us honest answers! Also please, smile for us for the article in the morning edition!" He said and took a picture of Ace's face.

     *Snap* *snap* "Put the cameras away! Can't see shit!" Ace cursed under his breath. "Is it true that a student was kidnapped? And you just let him die despite being held captive by the Ghost Bride, yes? How despicable you are! This article deserves the front page! THE SAD TRUTH BEHIND A PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOL!" The Headmaster said, pushing the microphone again.

     *Snap* *snap* "I said put the cameras away!" Ace yelled. Crowley nodded at Yuu and Grim, putting the flashlights away, "That's meant to occur if the Ghost Bride succeeded in marrying (Name). All of us will be interviewed by every format of the media, dusk till dawn!"

     Yuu nodded, "Yep. We wouldn't like to be rounded up because we left (Name)-san alone," he stated. Luke glared at them, "I'll make sure that I'll avenge (Name)'s death by cursing all of you!" The angel threatened.

If it happens, everyone who has a famous background will have a tarnished reputation for being selfish. Which made them agree to find something that can defeat the ghosts by brainstorming as Kalim suggested it. Using violence won't work since they can revive and bribe them with an extravagant dinner either...

     "Young Sam of the school store has different antiques and ancient relics that can help us defeat the ghosts. What if we ask something that can help us to defeat the ghosts?" Lilia suggested. Deuce placed a hand under his chin, "The young Sam you mean the owner of the school store?" He asked.

     Lilia nodded, "Indeed. I quite adore his great-great-great grandfather," he replied. "Lilia-chan, you always say complicated things. I don't know what to believe now," Cater muttered while scratching his head.

     "Alright, everyone! Let's go to the school store!"

- Mr. S's Mystery Shop -

Once they entered the shop, Sam was already waiting for them behind the counter—must've been waiting for them to come here...

     "Hello there, lost lambs~! Seems like the Headmaster had brought some of his students. What brings you here?" He asked with a smile on his face. Yuu scoffed and crossed his arms, "I know you're aware why we're here," he stated.

     Sam chuckled, "I like you! Also yes, I'm aware why you're here—the Ghost Bride has returned to take a groom and he took the lovely former Headmistress," he chuckled. Riddle huffed, "I see that you're already a step in front of us. As if you knew we were coming," he said.

     "Nah~! My friends on the other side always update me," he told the dorm leader of Heartslabyul. "Your situation is now a troublesome matter. Ghosts are the effects of strong regrets or things they haven't accomplished whilst alive, these strong desires only strengthen their soul to stay in this world," he explained.

     "So that's the reason why they kept reviving?" Luke asked the shop owner, peeking his head since he can't reach it. Sam patted the angel's head, "Exactly, little lamb! They won't come back to the afterlife without solving their unfinished business," he replied.

     "How do we save (Name) then?" Luke asked again. Sam smiled, "In Stock!" (I have a theory that 'In Stock' is Sam's unique magic)

     "Wait, you got something?" Leona asked, surprised that Sam had something handy. "Your inventory never fails to surprise me," Azul commented.

He pulled a disconnection ring, a ring that'll force any ghost to go back to the afterlife even though they haven't achieved their past grudges in this world. Ghost brides over the centuries are quite a problem, and that's why a lot of repellants to those brides. To put the Ghost Bride in the afterlife, once you put the ring on her finger—just say as long as you're alive, I promise I'll cherish you forever and ever. It only beats the fact she's dead and only results in them coming back...

     "I wanna try this to the ghosts... It's quite handy, man. I like it," Yuu commented. "But we have another problem, how can we put this to her finger?" Vil asked, examining the ring.

     "Why not give this ring to her as a gift—"

     "It'll only make it suspicious we sent that ring out of nowhere, frightening her," Vil interrupted Rook's idea. "Considering you need to put it to her left ring finger. We can't just put it there because it's a gift," the beautiful blonde-haired added.

     "Well, her soon-to-be wife or husband (Name)-chan could do it since he emits the kind of energy everyone likes and can put the ring easily, but then again he's captured," Cater stated. Azul nodded, "Then we need to be a worthy person to put this on her left ring finger," the dorm leader of Octavinelle remarked.

     "How do we do that exactly?" The confused Deuce asked his senior. "In other words, we have to become her fiancee," Azul retorted.

The first years gasped at the word fiancee since they were not old enough to marry someone—especially someone who was dead. Fiancees and grooms are the only that can put a ring on their lover's left ring finger. Either way, the bride already took (Name) as her groom, so they won't have a chance against him...

     "Unless we steal the bride from (Name)-chan~!" Lilia chuckled, wanting to save the demon from the Ghost Bride's hands. "Just imagining stealing the bride, sounds interesting and dramatic," he commented.

     "Propose for the Ghost Bride, put the ring on her finger, and retrieve (Name). This plan, I shall call it Operation: Propose," the Headmaster stated and started to write something on a piece of paper. "That'll be our last possible action to do. Now, who'll be the ones that can make it successful...? Ah, Yuu—"

     "Stop asking for my help, bitch."

     "I'll pay you don't worry. Either way, please gather the students I've written here," the Headmaster ordered. Making Yuu and Grim scamper away to get the said students in the crowd, "Well, that's surprising..."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)