E/10 | Princely Tactics

*Imagine female Barbatos/(Name) in a suit

- Outside the Campus -

The others are waiting for Epel, who excused himself to get something. Luke was worried about his fellow first-year, while Ace said he might've backed out like Deuce. Rook told them he's not the type to back down easily then they heard Epel from a distance, calling. He was riding a horse...

     "Sorry for the wait!" He apologized. Ace was speechless, "Why are you riding a horse?!" He asked.

     The Pomefiore first year scratched his cheek, "Isn't it supposed to be like this Princes to approach the Princess with a horse? Or that's what fairy tales say so?" He stated. Ace covered his mouth, "Do you think someone still rides horses around this era? What do you guys say about this?" He asked the others.

     Rook smiled brightly, "Tres bién, Monsieur Cherry Apple~! Your efforts amazed me!" He praised. Riddle also clapped his hands, "You impressed me, Epel. You even chose the hardest to tame from the Equestrian Club! You even manage to listen to it to you, only proves you're good at horse riding!" He praised Epel as well.

     "You look so princely, Epel! I admire your confidence!" Luke cheered and Epel thanked their praises. Ace looked at them, "I know looks are a thing, but isn't this already enough? You even got a horse," he grumbled.

     "When will you stop complaining, Ace? We don't like wasting time, you know," Riddle stated as they approached the guard ghost. "We only have three hours before the wedding, so I'm afraid we need to go now," Rook stated.

     "SO IT'S MY FAULT NOW?!"

They went near the ghost, who immediately went into a fighting stance. They introduced themselves as suitors for the bride and I don't think they pleased the said ghosts after the first and second group's failed approach towards the Ghost Bride that only made the security around the castle went strict. Epel tried to bargain with the ghost by saying they'll regret it if he fully rejected them and does not let them see the Princess, the ghost seems to agree to such a tempting offer and told them he'll be the Princess, have them propose to him to prove their love for the Princess...

It's a gamble, so they whispered to each other they'll bite back the bait to enter the castle and they won't use violence since it might cause them to get kicked out, so Riddle agreed they'll approach the situation in the most peaceful way possible. Epel volunteered as the first to propose to the Princess...

     He cleared his throat, "Allow me to come first!" He told the ghost and jumped off the horse to face him. The ghost nodded, "Very well... Show me how you love the Princess by your proposal!" He let Epel talk.

     Epel took the ghost's hand, "I'll bring happiness to you, my love. I swore unto my life that I'll rush over to save you from dangers! No matter how tough it is, I won't give up on you! A true prince doesn't act cowardly and I shall always be by your side. Marry me, please!" He finished.

     "What a serious look... Aside from that, the horse you're riding only proves you're a prince charming!" The ghost clapped his hands and excused the Pomefiore first year, while Ace is murmuring how it won the ghost's expectation. The ghost must've noticed Ace's advances and called for him, "You with an orange tint of hair, are you perhaps the Prince's servant?" He asked.

     Ace looked offended and pointed at Epel, "Do I look like his servant? I'm surprised you even managed to call me his servant even though I'm a different level than all of them," he bragged and glared at the ghost. The ghost bowed, "Pardon my assumptions and that means you're a suitor, too. Show me your proposal then," he told Ace.