day 4

~ leave us alone ~

~ leave us alone ~

prompt: fist fight (no weapons)
character: steve harrington
warnings: sexual harassment, bleeding, the use of 'slut', cursing
(i rewrote this thing like five times so enjoy, a little shorter than normal but also i just needed to finish it)

Gas drips from the nozzle as you finish filling up your truck. A couple of drops cascade onto your shoe, leaving dark marks behind. With a sigh you return the nozzle to holding place, feeling somewhat defeated. Luckily, inside the door sits a couple of sanitary wipes, hopefully working to rid you of the splotches of gasoline. You quickly grab one and then walk over to the closest trash can.

    Once there, you set your foot on the trash can, taking the wipe and beginning to wipe off the spots. It begins to smear some, adding to your luck. "Sweetheart, you need some help?" You begin to turn around, initially hearing the 'sweetheart' part and thinking it was Steve. However, the tone and pitch is the complete opposite of Steve's, soft and loving. "Excuse me?" You ask, setting your foot back onto the concrete, throwing the wipe into the trash can.

    "I have something in my truck that could help you get that out," he smiles, giving you a small wink. You internally throw up, thinking of everything he likely wants to do to you. Without hesitation you roll your eyes, "Leave me alone." Normally, you come off as more timid that confrontational. However, after attempting to fight whatever lives within the Upside Down, you couldn't care less.

    He scoffs, his arms crossing in front of his chest, "Leave you alone? Honey, I don't think that that's how this works. How about you come with me, I can show you the world." You narrow your eyebrows, your nose crinkling at the 'pet' names that he continuously uses in place of your name. "Wow, you know, you may have just..." you begin to say, taking a couple steps in his direction.

    "You may have just... pissed off the wrong person," you swing your hand towards the man. It hits him in the jaw, sending your hand back towards you, pain throbbing within it, "Fuck!" He turns around, his hair falling into his face, his facial hair adding to the mysterious nature of the man. "Did I? Because I don't think so sweetie," he swings towards your face, hitting your nose.

    It sends you backwards, stumbling as you hold your nose, a warm liquid begins to excrete from it. "Leave them alone, asshole!" That soft and loving voice rings around; however, tonight, it's deep and enriched, it's dangerous. "Didn't I call dibs? How about you find another slut and leave the two of us alone?" The man attempts to move over, trying to get between you and Steve. You lean against your car, trying to stop your nose from bleeding anymore.

    Steve takes a step in front of you, his fist looking as though it's ready to be used in action again. He attempts a right hook, connecting his fist with the man's cheek. It feels like slow motion as the man tumbles backward, Steve looking towards you with worry. As he looks at you, you're covering one nostril, blocking any more blood from spilling over you.

Just as he's about to walk over to you, hold you, appreciate you, the man punches Steve in the jaw. "Steve!" You shout, surprised by the sudden impact it makes against his skin. The man in which you love leans against the gas register, holding his jaw, afraid it'll shatter if he doesn't. "Why did you have to make this process so much harder?" The man asks, walking away from Steve and towards you once more.

"Let's go fucker," he takes a few more steps towards you. Your heart races as you get prepared to hit, kick, whatever to stay away from him. "No, leave us the fuck alone!" You attempt to kick him in the stomach, but narrowly miss as he jumps back. This gets him closer to Steve again, leaving Steve to jump on his back. As his head emerges from behind the man you can already see a bruise begin to form.

The man crumbles under Steve's weight, leaving him to fall to his knees on the concrete. Steve gets off of him and runs to you, "Do you have the key, we should really go, I'm sure his knees hurt but he isn't going to stop forever." You take your free hand and toss it to him, not wanting to free your nostril. Steve then looks at the man, staring intently, "You leave us the fuck alone or I swear I will have a whole group of blood-thirsty men and women on you in minutes, asshole."

Steve unlocks the car, leaving the two of you to enter. You lean back into the car, closing your eyes momentarily. He starts the car and drives off, not wanting to stay there any longer. "There are tissues in the glovebox, and if you get any anywhere, it's okay, I'll get it cleaned up. Are you okay?" Steve takes his right hand and opens the glovebox, his sleeve slides up some, showing a couple bruises, likely from this asshole or the hoard of demogorgans that never seem to leave you alone.

"Thanks, Steve. I'm okay as one can be after someone attempts to kidnap them and then attacks their boyfriend," you try to laugh it off, taking a tissue to clean up any blood on your face and plug your nose. He looks over at you, narrowing his eyebrows, "I'm your boyfriend? Didn't know we were official yet." As soon as he says that, your mouth stays agape, not knowing what to say.

"It's okay, y/n. I will gladly be your boyfriend since you're so desperate for me anyway," he looks over at you. His hair hangs forwards slightly, a bruise on his face, but he looks more beautiful than you ever thought. You roll your eyes in response, "Fine, I guess you can be my boyfriend, not like I expected it or anything." He lets out a small laugh, wondering how the two of you can go from getting attacked to laughing about relationship problems.