day 21

~ in the moment ~

~ in the moment ~

prompt: kidnapped/ransomed
character: robin buckley
warnings: cursing, kidnapping (okay that's kind of obvious lol)

"Tell us what you know!" A thick Russian accent bounces within your ear, feeling as though you're about to lose your hearing. You close your eyes and feel the tears slowly drip down your face. "I don't know anything!" You shout back, moving your hand some to see if you can free it. The cords tied around your wrists are tight, cutting off some of the circulation. There's virtually no way to free your hands without assistance. "We know you do!" That same voice echos throughout the enclosed room, "How else would you have gotten in here?"

Your eyes open, widening as you look at the Russian soldier, "We just saw someone entering and were curious. That's all we were, curious! We're just stupid kids." Tears build within your eyes and snot forms within your nose, ugly crying at its worst. Maybe, you think to yourself, the fear and despair of the situation mixed with your brilliant acting skills will help you reconnect with the others. The soldier leans back, raising an eyebrow, somewhat taken aback. Maybe he's not used to a snot-ridden teen who doesn't want to die. "Let's see about that..." he comments, walking away from you. Within one swift motion, he leaves the room, the door clicking shut.

    You take a deep breath and look around the room. Next to the door sits a table, different tools sitting about. Either they're about to do construction or you're in for a terrible surprise. Your hands twist within the makeshift handcuffs and your feet attempt to shuffle across the floor. Your feet can barely move, your body still attempting to wake up. Suddenly, one of your feet breaks free of the supposedly poorly tied ropes. From what you had seen on television, you know to move your body, swinging back and forth to propel yourself. With the help of your freed foot, you push yourself toward the table.

    With only being a few feet away, you get there in a few minutes. Then, all you had to do was free one of your hands to grab a tool. Your hand pushes against the rope-like material. All that happens is that your wrist begins to hurt, a red line running across it. "Fuck this," you lean your head back, trying to regulate your breathing. As your about to figure out another way to free yourself, the door opens. A tall figure stands there, his soldier outfit showing who exactly he is.

    "How'd you move? Planning on taking weapon?" His Russian accent confirms your thoughts. "No! I just want to go home, please!" You shout, hoping someone, literally anyone would be able to hear you. He stands there, an uninterested look on his face. Suddenly he walks over to you, despite your pleas that he doesn't. He frees you from the ropes, still holding your hands behind your back. "Let's go see if your friends agree," you thrash within his arms, kicking him.

Your hand frees from his grasp and you kick him again, freeing your other hand. With adrenaline raised, you start running down the nearby corridor, not sure where you're going. A gun shot goes off quickly, causing you to freeze right where you are. "Stop! Go any further and you get shot!" The man shouts at you, causing you to turn around and face the gun pointed right towards you. "Oh this will really help your chances." He walks towards you, holding the gun to your back as he leads you towards a new room. When someone opens the door, there sits Steve and Robin.

    Despite the situation, you let out a sigh of relief, seeing them alive being the only thing holding you together. "Tell us what you know or she dies," the Russian agent says out loud, pushing the gun into your back. The relief drains from your body, feeling as though you just saw a ghost. Chills raise throughout your body. "We don't know anything! I promise!" Steve instantly says, "We just snuck in! We never knew there was a bunch of Russians here." Without even seeing the Russian's expression, you can tell that he doesn't believe Steve.

    "You're both lying," the Russian moves the gun back, seeming as though he's sticking it into his pocket. A knife then appears, the cold steel resting along your neck. "There's a carotid artery within their neck, if severed, they die. Tell me what you know," Robin's eyes widen at the soldier's demands. You ever so slightly shake your head, attempting to tell her to not tell them anything. Tears fall from her eyes and it's clear to see that she's struggling. "Fine, we intercepted a message from in here, and we snuck in to find out what was happening," Robin caves, watching as the Russian soldier lifts the knife from your neck.

    The soldier nods, "Well that was easy, I'll be back, ready for some more answers. You don't speak and none of you will leave this base." You look at Robin once more as he attempts to pull you from the room. Her eyes are too kind sometimes, the teasing and every single thing she has said was filled with love, even if you couldn't see it. "Don't tell him anything! You have to promise!" You shout, trying to stay in the room. She shakes her head, her mouth slightly agape.