FIFTEEN

Along the lands of Baideon,

The KIngdom of Thestoria

Your Highness. Almost fifty armed Black soldiers from Duwa have stormed Thestoria with their horses. And they are heading straight for the palace right now with full speed.”

     The room filled with panicked mutters, and heat.

     The king gave out a laugh. A choked laugh. As his eyes moved from the soldier that had passed the news, to the black girl kneeling before him. “They are coming for you, aren't they?” He didn't give her a chance to reply when he signalled Theodore. “Gather our own platoon of knights immediately. Fourty-five of our finest men should be properly armed and directed to the incoming soldiers.”

     Athena fruitlessly tried to wriggle her hands out of the binds, almost uttering a frustrated cry.

     “If they ask for the girl amiably, tell them she cannot be released on the terms that she broke the law. If they attack, kill them all.”

     Her eyes met Leonard's then as Theodore and some other knights strode out with obedience.

     Athena felt the distress behind Leonard's calm facade.

     His eyes just trained on her emotionlessly, jaw ticking, hands gripping the arms of his throne. Unable to hold his stare any longer, Athena lowered her head, chewing on her lower lip, anticipating the terrible danger she had caused. And she prayed, begged, silently, that hundreds of people were not going to die today.

       “Leonard, take our prisoner to her cell. She is to be under your supervision because I don't want her slipping away at the very least.”

     Leonard matched forward and took her up by her chained hands.

     Everyone watched as he led her out.

     When the double-doors closed behind them, he turned here around so she could face him. His blue eyes sparked with anger and it slightly shook her. “Whatever you do, Athena, do not struggle. Just trust me.” He shook her slightly by her shoulders. “You've caused too much trouble already.”

     Swallowing, she did not speak as he grabbed one of her arms and led her through the halls. The guards in the halls began to dwindle as they were being assembled to face Duwa's men at the citadel.

     When they passed the cells, Athena began to get confused. “Where are you taking me?”

     He did not answer.

     “Where are we going, Leonard?”

     He just kept pulling her away. Before they entered into another hallway, he stopped by a wall, pulling her away, so the guards at the other end won't notice them.

     He stuck his head out to watch their movement.

     Athena whispered. “I think I deserve at least an answer from you.”

     The guards left and Leonard continued to drag her by the arm out to the hallway.

     She tried to keep up with his pace, almost tumbling. “Where are you taking me?”