TWENTY FIVE

If you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote.

~🌹~

“‘After deliberating for days, the duke's son finally made his decision to live under water. His father's sorcerer granted him his wish, he dived into the sea, met with Anna once again, got married to her and they lived happily ever after. The end.’” Leonard snapped the book shut with a loud thud.

     Laid with her back on the bed, Athena turned her head to look at him. “No.”

     “What?”

     “No, that can't be the ending. That was too abrupt. I could've sworn there were ten more pages unread.”

     “Oh yes, I've read this book more than three times before, I summarized the ending for you.”

     She rolled her eyes, displeased. “Great. You ruined the ending for me.” She made to stand up from the bed.

     Leonard tugged at her hand, dragging her back down. “Hey. Where're you going?”

     “Let go of my hand.”

     He brought his face close to hers. “You're not angry, are you?”

     After searching his eyes for a few seconds, she sighed. “No, I'm not.” She wasn't angry, but she was feeling inexplicably irritated. She stood up at once. She wanted to walk for the laundry basket when she felt suddenly light-headed. She staggered slightly, then stilled herself with her arms spread out.

     “Whoa.” Leonard got off the bed immediately and held her arms in an attempt to steady her. “Hey, hey. Are you alright?”

     Touching her forehead, she nodded. “Yes, I am. Just a little dizzy, that's all.”

     “Then rest.” He tried to stir her back to the bed.

     She resisted. “No, I can't right now. I have things to finish up—”

     “I will finish them for you.” He guided her to the bed until she sat. Then he sat beside her. “It's obvious you're stressed out. Sleep for as long as you'd like. I'll wash the clothes, and make lunch. What would you like to eat?”

     She found herself smiling, although her vision had started to double. “Pie.”

     He didn't understand.

     “Apple pie.”

     “Oh. Athena, you know we do not have the necessary ingredients to make a pie. No flour, no apple, no nothing.”

     Disappointed, she drew herself into the bed and rested on the headboard. “It's fine.”

     “But I can make something else. Something you would absolutely love. Is that okay?”

     She managed a weak smile. “Sure.”

     “Great.” He stood and helped her rest her head on the pillow. He then raised the covers over her properly.  “I'll bring it when it's done.”

     “Okay.”

     He kissed her cheek and left the room.

~🌹~

     Athena didn't know for how long she had been sleeping. But when she roused from the bed, she still felt groggy and uncomfortable. When she managed to stand up, it was then she smelt soup. Curious, she made her way out of the room.

     Appearing in the living room, she met Leonard in the kitchen, dishing out soup into a bowl. “Smells good.”

     Leonard turned to her with a wide smile. “Just in time. How was your nap?”