BUSINESS PARTY#3

In the bustling atmosphere of the business party, Charlotte Maclin found herself sidelined as Arnaud Dublin engaged with friends. After excusing herself to the washroom, Arnaud's gesture of a nod and smile masked the complexities of their relationship. Charlotte, aware of the façade, grappled with the unspoken truth that her husband rarely exhibited genuine happiness when alone with her.

In the washroom, Arnaud's impatience grew as Charlotte took her time. Concerned, he sought her in various rooms, eventually stumbling into the ladies' washroom, much to Charlotte's surprise.

"What are you doing in here? Can't you read?" she exclaimed, momentarily forgetting her own astonishment.

Ignoring her protest, Arnaud, relieved to find her well, voiced genuine concern. It was an unprecedented moment of sincerity from him, catching Charlotte off guard. Overwhelmed with joy, she embraced him tightly. Their moment, however, was interrupted by the arrival of other ladies.

Exiting the washroom, Arnaud continued to hold Charlotte's hand throughout the night, showering her with affectionate gestures, including kisses on her knuckles. The intricacies of their relationship, momentarily laid bare, added a layer of depth to the evening.